Dallas, Texas - 2022-12-05 UI Developer
We are searching for a UI Developer to join our dedicated and talented team. At TSP, we share a passion for providing an entirely positive, above and beyond service experience for every customer in the TSP family.
The best and the brightest work with us, and we strive for every employee to have a sense of belonging. As a minority-owned business, we believe our diverse backgrounds and viewpoints make us stronger. Our people work in and support the technology environments of some of the world’s largest and most well-known brands.
The UI Developer will work ONSITE in North Dallas, TX. This role will focus on front-end visual design, transforming high-fidelity web user interface prototypes into fully functioning code on our client’s main customer-facing website with millions of visits per year.
The role of the UI Developer is to improve efficiency of our code generating workflow/process using performance focused thinking and efficient implementation techniques, and to be a go-to source for questions, troubleshooting, and best practices related to front-end development.
As part of this team, you will focus on providing modern front-end solutions that deliver industry standards for our client’s website. You build design-accurate implementations that uphold our design standards and work responsively across browsers. You are the liaison between UX Designers and full-stack developers with your expertise in both design and development.
UI Developers at TSP typically have the following job responsibilities:
- Maintain existing web components and work with deployment pipeline
- Perform peer reviews and provide feedback and approval for other UI Developers to ensure the generated code meets project specifications, cross browser compatibility and adhere to our guidelines
- Participate in user acceptance tests (UATs), troubleshoot bugs and research resolutions
- Research on technologies, document technical restrictions and dependencies for patterns
- Update and contribute to pattern library
- Resolve technical issues by coordinating with back-end developers and DevOps
- Be a liaison between developers and the UX design team
- Consult with and provide functional feedback to UI/UX designers on designs
- Improve efficiency by performance focused thinking and efficient implementation techniques
- Participate in scrum meetings, sprint demos and other Agile practices
- Deliver HTML/CSS guidelines, documentation, demo sessions and blogs as needed
The ideal person to fill this role will have experience such as:
- Strong online portfolio demonstrating a range of relevant work is essential
- 5+ years with HTML & CSS/SASS/SCSS semantics, best practices and guidelines at an enterprise level
- 3+ years manipulating style of page elements in DOM and HTML templating in various JS formats, such as Thymeleaf and Nunjuks
- 3+ years of experience in web framework technology such as web components, Shadow DOM, Stencil, Angular and/or Riot
- 3+ years designing with and contributing to an established design system
- Background in UI/UX design
- Comfortable with Node.js/NPM
- Experience with GIT, repo and branch management
- Understand DevOps and pipeline process
- Comfortable with UNIX command line interface
- Understand cross browser issues and resolutions
- Excellent problem-solving skills, attention to detail, curious and resourceful
- Strong interpersonal skills, work collaboratively with other team members, with the ability to translate UX design to development needs
- Ability to think critically and devise solutions with business and user goals in mind
Additional information about this UI Developer role:
- Prolonged periods sitting at a desk and working on a computer
- Must be able to lift up to 15 pounds at times
- View our benefits information: https://marketing.mytsp.net/tsp-benefits
- Candidates must be authorized to work in the United States
- Selected candidate must be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 prior to start or receive an approved exemption
We Are TSP
TSP is an award-winning, customer-endorsed, and minority-owned IT solutions company. Throughout the United States and Canada, we create custom, flexible, and flawlessly executed IT services and workforce solutions that amplify our customers’ teams and simplify their service.
We create great customer experiences by saving our customers time and money. We’re driven by integrity — we do what we say we’re going to do — exceeding expectations. Our value-based pricing focuses on our customers’ business objectives, making their success our top priority. We don’t manufacture devices or sell software — our product is our people.
We are an equal opportunity employer and welcome applications from all qualified persons without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, pregnancy, age, national origin, disability status, genetic information, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.