Waukegan, Illinois - 2023-01-23 Technical Support Engineer – 12 Month Contract
If you’re one to rise to a challenge, this opportunity is for you. Your resume is great, but we also want to know what drives you. We’re big on culture and look for employees who can grow both professionally and personally with us.
At TSP, we make sure our employees have the opportunity to build fulfilling careers. Why? Because if our people aren’t taken care of, our customers won’t be either. TSP was founded on the belief that our product is our people and our commitment to those employees is written into our company values.
Scope of Work
The Technical Support Engineer is responsible for providing support for all customers. This position is responsible for troubleshooting issues in many areas such as, mechanical, hardware and pneumatic failures, software issues, network analysis and user related questions. The Engineer must exercise judgment to determine the source of the problem and the most appropriate way to resolve. The Technical Assistance Center provides technical support on a 24/7/365 basis.
The role will provide technical support for medical products installed throughout the customer base. The role will support calls via phone, e-mail, direct consultation and assures prompt, courteous and professional service to our customers by effective communication, timely follow-up and technical expertise. The successful candidate will also need a clear understanding of when to escalate more complex and urgent issues.
These are the job duties and responsibilities of a Technical Support Engineer:
- Serve as the initial point of contact for all computer and system related customer solutions
- Take ownership of support requests seeing them through to resolution to give excellent service that is key to our customer experience creating more promoters of the service provided
- Provide technical support solving problems for customers on multiple products
- Complete detailed reports listing technical assistance requests creating documentation to assist internal staff and customers to better understand troubleshooting of products and features
- Research, diagnose and troubleshoot customer technical support system issues to resolve in a timely manner
- Prioritize and manage several open issues at one time, while quickly determining if issues are more complex and need to be escalated
- Educate customers as necessary to proactively enable them to resolve issues
- Utilize the organization’s tools and knowledge base and collaborate with team members to determine proper troubleshooting course of action
- Proactively identify trends at customer sites with respect to hardware and software that can lead to problems
You should be able to handle everything above because you have experience like:
- Associate’s Degree with 2 years of experience working with computer hardware/software troubleshooting
- 2+ years of work experience in a technical support role with direct customer contact
- Excellent knowledge of Microsoft Office & operating systems
- Understanding and strong troubleshooting experience with computer hardware (example: monitors, printers, power supplies)
- Passionate transformer for helping customers by living and breathing team with a relentless ability to get things done well
- Create real value for the customer in every interaction
- Have desire, ability and the humility to appreciate, apply and share learnings to improve self and others
- Ability to diagnose complex problems and deliver analysis of root causes across a technology stack and hardware up to and including mechanical, electrical and pneumatic equipment
- Aptitude to multitask effectively during busy times, exercise patience and do the right thing during stressful situations
- Outstanding verbal & written communication skills
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Information Technology and or Electro-Mechanical concentration preferred
- Previous work experience as a Technical Support Engineer or similar role
- Certification in Microsoft, Linux, Cisco or similar technologies
- Strong knowledge of SQL & Oracle
- Hands-on experience with Windows/Linux/Mac OS environments
- Good understanding of computer systems, mobile devices and other tech products
- Familiarity with remote desktop applications and help desk software (e.g. Zendesk)
- Experience in troubleshooting and repairing electro-mechanical systems
Additional information about this Technical Support Engineer role:
- Work from home (requires functional, quiet environment)
- Must be able to work holidays and overtime as needed
- Must be able to work fluctuating schedule during various hours, requiring on-call shifts
- Occasional travel (5%)
- Must be able to travel up to 3 weeks due to training in Cranberry or Waukegan
- View our benefits information: https://marketing.mytsp.net/tsp-benefits
- Candidates must be authorized to work in the United States
- Selected candidate must be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 prior to start or receive an approved exemption
We Are TSP
TSP is an award-winning, customer-endorsed, and minority-owned IT solutions company. Throughout the United States and Canada, we create custom, flexible, and flawlessly executed IT services and workforce solutions that amplify our customers’ teams and simplify their service.
We create great customer experiences by saving our customers time and money. We’re driven by integrity — we do what we say we’re going to do — exceeding expectations. Our value-based pricing focuses on our customers’ business objectives, making their success our top priority. We don’t manufacture devices or sell software — our product is our people.
We are an equal opportunity employer and welcome applications from all qualified persons without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, pregnancy, age, national origin, disability status, genetic information, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.