Richardson, Texas - Added 2021-12-22 Windows System Admin (Powershell Automation)
Are you considering a career change with the opportunity to work for a company that cares for you? This is it — join our team today as a System Administrator. At TSP, we have a proven track record of excellence that in large part is due to a unique perspective.
Both in life and in business, we believe you get back what you give. So, we pledge to take care of and invest in our people and in the communities where we live, work and play. TSP’s recognition, philanthropic and training programs as well as our comprehensive benefits plan are just a few ways that we accomplish this.
The System Administrator will be responsible of automation and infrastructure support in a Windows environment for the IT client operations team based in Richardson, Texas.
As a System Administrator, you can expect to have these responsibilities:
- Design, plan, implement and maintain Powershell scripts (or other scripting/automation tools) to automate tasks that today are not standardized or are manually done.
- Support Servers/applications related to IT Client Operations)
- Serve as the escalation point for Powershell scripts and relationship with multiple sources including databases and reporting tools (Splunk and Spotfire)
- Support Windows administrative rights issues (BeyondTrust/Avecto)
- Provide support for different IT administrative projects as defined by the customers
To be successful, you’ll need experience such as:
- 1 to 3 years of experience administering Windows infrastructure
- 1 to 3 years of experience with application management (Windows server side)
- PowerShell scripting is a requirement
- Knowledge in automation tools is strongly preferred
- Experience automating reports, routines and applications
- Able to run queries and small automations with different databases (SQL, Oracle, etc.)
- Experience in Active Directory is desired
- Experience in SCCM is considered a plus
- Knowledge in BeyondTrust/Avecto is a plus
- Knowledge of reporting tools (Spotfire, Splunk) is a plus
- Experience with an ITSM application is plus (ex: Cherwell, ServiceNow, Remedy, etc.)
- Experience with IT Governance (ITIL) – Incident, Change, Problem management
- Ability to prioritize and complete multiple tasks in a fast paced, technical environment based on SLAs
- Ability to find root causes of problems and quickly determine efficient solutions; anticipate and mitigate risks
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills with a keen attention to detail
- Professional communication and strong customer service skills
- Strong ability to document processes and procedures
- Work effectively in a distributed global team & with global customers
Additional information about this System Administrator role:
- Candidates must be authorized to work in the United States
- Selected candidate must be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 prior to start or receive an approved exemption
- Clear criminal background and drug screen is required prior to start
We Are TSP
TSP is an award-winning and customer-endorsed technology solutions company. Throughout the United States and Canada, we create custom, flexible and flawlessly executed IT solutions that amplify our customers’ team and simplify their service.
From workforce recruiting and staffing to network, server and storage maintenance, we create an entirely positive, above and beyond service experience. We don’t manufacture devices or sell software. Our product is our people — dedicated and talented individuals focused on our customers’ long-term success above TSP’s short-term gain.
We are an equal opportunity employer and welcome applications from all qualified persons without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, pregnancy, age, national origin, disability status, genetic information, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.