Cranberry Township, Pennsylvania - 2022-06-08 Sr. Hardware Engineering Technician
We are searching for a Sr. Hardware Engineering Technician to join our dedicated and talented team. At TSP, we share a passion for providing an entirely positive, above and beyond service experience for every customer in the TSP family.
The best and the brightest work with us, and we strive for every employee to have a sense of belonging. As a minority-owned business, we believe our diverse backgrounds and viewpoints make us stronger. Our people work in and support the technology environments of some of the world’s largest and most well-known brands.
Scope of Work
Work as a principal member of a multi-disciplinary product development team to assess customer needs, generate concepts, create requirements, design, test and support the transition of electromechanical and robotics based devices and systems from development to manufacturing and then the field.
Senior Hardware Engineering Technicians at TSP typically have the following job responsibilities:
- Responsible for assisting engineering with fabricating, assembling, and testing large-scale electromechanical robotic systems
- Provide technical support to engineering for research, concept, prototype and alpha level product development design efforts
- Fabricate and assemble manual and automated test solutions for testing system level and sub-system level robotic and electromechanical assemblies
- Develop and execute evaluation tests, engineering verification tests (EVT) and design validation tests (DVT) for medical equipment/systems
- Evaluate test results, investigate product test failures, analyze performance problems, define root causes, recommend corrective actions, and write test reports
- Support manufacturing with troubleshooting, testing and development of automated testing solutions for pilot production and production units
- Responsible for the operation, programming and maintenance of all lab equipment
- Participate in product concept meetings, design reviews and product release / design transfer process
- Provide technical guidance and supervise the efforts of junior level and intern level designers
- Estimate, manage, and report time required for multiple, concurrent tasks
- Develop quarterly goals
The ideal person to fill this role will have experience such as:
- 2 year associate degree in electrical or mechanical technology with minimum of 5 years experience with electrical or mechanical technologies
- May consider a minimum of 7 years related work experience in lieu of an associate degree.
- Experience designing, fabricating, assembling, troubleshooting and testing automated electromechanical and robotic assemblies or automated test systems
- Ability to create / read electrical schematics, bill of materials and assembly drawings as well as understand their functions including wire color codes, wire size and torque specifications
- Knowledgeable of automated test systems including data acquisition systems and off the shelf test systems
- Ability to create, read and interpret maintenance manuals, engineering specifications, assembly drawings and troubleshoot from schematics
- Ability to create, perform and interpret test procedures as well as test reports
- Capable of wiring, cable prepping and assembly per wiring diagrams
- Working knowledge of soldering methods and PCB assembly / rework methods
- Capable of using precision measuring / test instruments (power supplies, digital voltmeters, oscilloscopes, calipers, torque wrenches, strain gauges)
- Able to use common hand tools, power tools, machine shop related equipment and 3D printers
- Able to effectively solve problems, work independently on sub-assemblies and multi-task as required
- Good interpersonal and communication skills
- Self-starter, capable of working independently as well as building strong cross functional collaborative relationships
- Must be able to work in a team environment and assist cross functional teams with the debugging of complex issues
- The candidate must be highly motivated to work in a fast-paced environment
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Proficient with the Microsoft Office Suite of products
- Understanding of ECR, ECO processes — preferred
- Familiarity with Agile PLM Type Tools, LabView and Solid Works — preferred
- Working experience with FDA regulated, ISO13485, or other highly regulated environments — preferred
- Technical understanding of electrical (microcontrollers, CPLD, digital / analog ICs, sensors, USB, RS232…), electro-mechanical (motors, solenoids, acuators) and mechanical (bearings, slides, couplers) components / technologies — preferred
Additional information about this Sr. Hardware Engineering Technician role:
- View our benefits information: https://marketing.mytsp.net/tsp-benefits
- Candidates must be authorized to work in the United States
- Selected candidate must be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 prior to start or receive an approved exemption
We Are TSP
TSP is an award-winning and customer-endorsed staffing and IT solutions company. Throughout the United States and Canada, we create custom, flexible and flawlessly executed IT solutions that amplify our customers’ team and simplify their service.
From workforce recruiting and staffing to network, server and storage maintenance, we create an entirely positive, above and beyond service experience. We don’t manufacture devices or sell software. Our product is our people — dedicated and talented individuals focused on our customers’ long-term success above TSP’s short-term gain.
We are an equal opportunity employer and welcome applications from all qualified persons without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, pregnancy, age, national origin, disability status, genetic information, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.