Dallas, Texas - 2023-03-21 Senior Systems Administrator – Unix
If you’re one to rise to a challenge, this opportunity is for you. Your resume is great, but we also want to know what drives you. We’re big on culture and look for employees who can grow both professionally and personally with us.
At TSP, we make sure our employees have the opportunity to build fulfilling careers. Why? Because if our people aren’t taken care of, our customers won’t be either. TSP was founded on the belief that our product is our people and our commitment to those employees is written into our company values.
The UNIX Systems Administrator will work ONSITE Monday through Friday in Dallas, TX (zip code 75243)
These are the job duties and responsibilities of our UNIX Systems Administrator:
- Provide Level 3 UNIX System Administration for IT operations through problem resolution and process improvement in a large Solaris, SLES, RHEL, and CentOS environment
You should be able to handle everything above because you have experience like:
- 5+ years of experience with UNIX Administration, specifically:
- RHEL 7+
- Experience with UNIX/Linux servers in virtualized environments
- Familiarity with the fundamentals of scripting languages (PERL/Python/Shell)
- Knowledge of UNIX security and authorization functionality
- Work across internal IT support organization including, DBAs, network operations, and application support teams, system architecture, etc. to provide support for multiple business environments
- Working knowledge of NIS, NIS+, LDAP, NFS and DNS protocols is strongly desired
- VMWare vSphere and/or oVirt administration experience would be helpful
- Availability to work ONSITE in Dallas, TX (zip 75423) Monday through Friday
- Ability to work on individual tasks, as well as team-oriented tasks such as running a small to medium sized project (meet timeline goals, report progress)
- Professional communication skills; verbal & written.
- Good customer service skills (email, phone and in person).
- Ability to multitask multiple assignments and prioritize to meet goals
- Ability to troubleshoot problems (working with various subject matter experts where needed)
- Experience working with vendors on escalations of issues to solve problems
- Organized, focus on execution and self-driven.
- Responsiveness: follow through and sense of urgency.
- Autonomous and dependable: delivers with little supervision.
- Experience working in an environment with rigid change management processes
- Ability to quickly learn new technologies and processes.
- Team player: global support team and customer base
- Initiative: look for areas of improvement (virtualization, metrics gathering, automation, etc.)
- Documentation of processes and procedures to offload activities to L2
Additional information about this UNIX Systems Administrator role:
- Prolonged periods sitting at a desk and working on a computer
- Must be able to lift up to 15 pounds at times
- View our benefits information: https://marketing.mytsp.net/tsp-benefits
- Candidates must be authorized to work in the United States
- Must be available to work ONSITE in the Dallas, TX Monday through Friday (zip code 75243)
- Strongly prefer candidates already local to the Dallas, TX area
We Are TSP
TSP is an award-winning and customer-endorsed staffing and IT solutions company. Throughout the United States and Canada, we create custom, flexible and flawlessly executed IT solutions that amplify our customers’ team and simplify their service.
From workforce recruiting and staffing to network, server and storage maintenance, we create an entirely positive, above and beyond service experience. We don’t manufacture devices or sell software. Our product is our people — dedicated and talented individuals focused on our customers’ long-term success above TSP’s short-term gain.
We are an equal opportunity employer and welcome applications from all qualified persons without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, pregnancy, age, national origin, disability status, genetic information, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.