Raleigh, North Carolina - 2022-12-13 Roadway Design Engineer
Finding great people is difficult. But it’s what we do best. We form trusted partnerships with our clients and provide excellent opportunities for candidates, guaranteeing satisfaction for both. Our goal is to treat you as a real person, not just ‘human capital.’ While our product is our people, we aren’t successful if you aren’t successful.
We are seeking a Roadway Design Engineer in our Raleigh, NC office to design and manage roadway projects. The engineer will need to be flexible with work assignments and eager to learn new tasks. The Roadway Design Engineer will assist the development and design of infrastructure projects for roadways, including intersections, collector streets, urban arterials, rural and urban expressways, interstates, and interstate interchanges.
The engineer will assist in developing project scopes and budgets, interfacing with and maintenance of client needs for the project manager, mentoring and development of junior staff and design/drafters, development of project plans and maintaining project schedules.
Here’s what you need to be successful:
- Minimum ten years experience
- Working knowledge of NCDOT Guidelines for Highway Design and the FHWA Roadway Design Manual
- Experience working in a multi-disciplinary engineering environment
- Strong communication skills in dealing with clients and peers
- Roadway design experience
- Business development experience
- Knowledge of familiarity with NCDOT design, CAD criteria and experience applying them in plans development
- Ability to work with clients, support marketing, project pursuits, oral technical presentations and interviews, opportunity to manage and manage roadway design staff
- Ability to work independently and/or with team on efforts related to roadway design analysis and studies
- Ability to work effectively and collaboratively with in-house staff, sub-consultants and clients; ability to work collaboratively with project and design team to develop and prepare project deliverables to meet project objectives and schedule
- Knowledge of project management involving roadway design, analysis, and design projects including coordination with clients and permitting agencies
- Strong working knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook and Adobe Acrobat
- Strong sense of urgency and self-initiative to meet client deadlines
- Detail-oriented team player with an ability to contribute to a positive work environment
- Outstanding communication skills, both verbal and written, and the ability to forge strong relationships with clients, professionals, and team members.
- Knowledge and experience with MicroStation, GeoPak, and Open Roads a plus
We work with some amazing companies. Still not sure if this opportunity is right for you? Here are a few more reasons our clients trust us:
Quick response to staffing needs.
We get it, time is money. Our clients trust us with part of their people operations to help them staff properly and efficiently.
A full understanding of the requirements for each position.
By listening to what drives our clients’ decision-making process, following a disciplined process of identifying top-quality candidates, and understanding core objectives and position requirements, we’re able to achieve great results.
Focused on customer satisfaction.
We boast a 99% customer satisfaction rating and that’s one of the many reasons why we rarely lose. But our customer in the talent acquisition process is more than the client – it’s you! We strive for you to have the best possible candidate experience.
An opportunity awaits you working with one of our awesome clients. It’s all up to you now, just apply!