Remote, California - 2023-09-19 Nutanix Resident Consultant – Remote
Are you considering a career change with the opportunity to work for a company that cares for you? This is it — join our team today as a Nutanix Resident Consultant. At TSP, we have a proven track record of excellence that in large part is due to a unique perspective.
Both in life and in business, we believe you get back what you give. So, we pledge to take care of and invest in our people and in the communities where we live, work and play. TSP’s recognition, philanthropic and training programs as well as our comprehensive benefits plan are just a few ways that we accomplish this.
As a Nutanix Resident Consultant, you can expect to have these responsibilities:
- Administration and support of your customer’s existing Nutanix/VMware environment
- Investigate and solve issues in the environment
- Create growth plans and generate reports based on your customer’s current trends
- Lead and drive architectural strategy activities in concert with the architecture and engineering teams
- This position will require an extended knowledge of the VMware stack and integration thereof
- Act as trusted advisor to teams while providing guidance for Nutanix and VMware standard methodologies
- You will also Identify and suggest architectural and engineering changes that would benefit the customer in their environment
- Join efforts with the Nutanix sales team in identifying and communicating new opportunities as well as ongoing customer status and reporting
- Keep the customer well-informed by providing status reporting on projects, updates to software and any ancillary documentation
To be successful, you’ll need experience such as:
- A minimum of 10 years of experience as a virtualization consultant
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills used as part of a commitment to help others succeed
- A keen knowledge of VMware ESX and data center virtualization which includes experience with Nutanix Enterprise Cloud Platform
- Deep understanding of storage technologies and data protection technologies like replication, snapshots, backup, restore, etc.
- Deep Windows administration abilities and experience
- An ability to independently analyze and diagnose highly complex networking problems across different platforms
- Ability to be hands-on in servicing the requirements of a client
- A focus on delighting the customer and building relationships
- High level of comfort performing white boarding sessions, group presentations, and crafting documents such as white papers, processes, and other customer centric documentation
Specific to this opportunity:
- Prism Central integration with Palo Alto Panorama
- Flow Security Microsegmentation
- Application-traffic discovery
- Microsegmentation rule creations
- Nutanix Security Compliance, aka Security Central
- Licensing requirements
- Customer compliance report creations
- Experience in healthcare
- Experience with Nutanix Enterprise Cloud Platform
- Nutanix NCP-MCI certification
- Advanced VMware certification such at VCAP/VCIX-DCV
- Advanced Citrix certifications including XenDesktop
- Deep understanding of software-defined storage with a focus on distributed storage
- Experience with Virtual networking like NSX
- Migration of workload, both P2V and V2V
- A bachelor’s degree in Engineering, Computer Science, or MIS
Additional information about this Nutanix Resident Consultant role:
- You will be responsible for physical placement of servers and installation of Nutanix software which will require the ability to lift 50 pounds
- Immigration sponsorship is not available for this position
- View our benefits information: https://marketing.mytsp.net/tsp-benefits
- Candidates must be authorized to work in the United States
We Are TSP
TSP is an award-winning, customer-endorsed, and minority-owned IT solutions company. Throughout the United States and Canada, we create custom, flexible, and flawlessly executed IT services and workforce solutions that amplify our customers’ teams and simplify their service.
We create great customer experiences by saving our customers time and money. We’re driven by integrity — we do what we say we’re going to do — exceeding expectations. Our value-based pricing focuses on our customers’ business objectives, making their success our top priority. We don’t manufacture devices or sell software — our product is our people.
We are an equal opportunity employer and welcome applications from all qualified persons without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, pregnancy, age, national origin, disability status, genetic information, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.