Dallas, Texas - 2022-06-22 Network Technician
If you’re one to rise to a challenge, this opportunity is for you. Your resume is great, but we also want to know what drives you. We’re big on culture and look for employees who can grow both professionally and personally with us.
At TSP, we make sure our employees have the opportunity to build fulfilling careers. Why? Because if our people aren’t taken care of, our customers won’t be either. TSP was founded on the belief that our product is our people and our commitment to those employees is written into our company values.
These are the job duties and responsibilities of a Network Technician:
- Support WAN, LAN, and wireless network infrastructure
- Installs, configures, monitors, maintains existing or proposed network hardware and software
- Install, test, and terminate all cabling supporting building infrastructure, including data centers
- Evaluates, tests, and implements network software and hardware
- Rack mounting and removal of various network equipment
- IP phone configuration and deployment
- Provides diagnosis and problem resolution of a network issues
- Maintains high degree of technical expertise in relevant software, hardware, and network systems
- Provide on-call after hours support as needed
- Performs other duties as assigned
You should be able to handle everything above because you have experience like:
- Knowledge of networking hardware and software, specifically CISCO IOS, required
- Ability to install/make/test/terminate network cabling to network patch panels, 110 blocks and data jacks
- Able to work at various heights using ladders or overhead lifts
- Knowledge of phone system wiring, and termination preferred
- Knowledge of installation, and testing fiber connectivity within the datacenter and building infrastructure
- Configure and modify CISCO switch and router configurations
- Ability to understand, create and maintain network maps and documentation
- Must have the ability to interpret technical information and present it effectively both verbally and in-writing to a wide variety of audiences
- Office move setup, configuration, and rewires
- Requires high school diploma (or GED or high school equivalence certificate)
- Successful completion of CISCO Networking Academy curriculum and/or CCNA certification preferred
- Performs work under general supervision — handles moderately complex issues and problems and refers more complex issues to higher-level staff
- Possess a solid working knowledge of subject matter
- May provide leadership, coaching, and/or mentoring to a subordinate group
Additional information about this Network Technician role:
- Physical requirements include walking long distances, prolonged periods of sitting/standing, ability to lift and install equipment (up to 75 lbs with assistance), physical activity and motion to include pushing, pulling, kneeling, stooping, and bending frequently, climbing stairs and tall ladders
- Must have a valid driver’s license, private transportation, and current automobile insurance – This position may require travel and transport of company assets to different office locations in North Dallas & Richardson area
- View our benefits information: https://marketing.mytsp.net/tsp-benefits
- Candidates must be authorized to work in the United States
- Selected candidate must be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 prior to start or receive an approved exemption
We Are TSP
TSP is an award-winning and customer-endorsed staffing and IT solutions company. Throughout the United States and Canada, we create custom, flexible and flawlessly executed IT solutions that amplify our customers’ team and simplify their service.
From workforce recruiting and staffing to network, server and storage maintenance, we create an entirely positive, above and beyond service experience. We don’t manufacture devices or sell software. Our product is our people — dedicated and talented individuals focused on our customers’ long-term success above TSP’s short-term gain.
We are an equal opportunity employer and welcome applications from all qualified persons without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, pregnancy, age, national origin, disability status, genetic information, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.