Tallahassee, Florida - 2022-12-12 Network Specialist
Finding great people is difficult. But it’s what we do best. We form trusted partnerships with our clients and provide excellent opportunities for candidates, guaranteeing satisfaction for both. Our goal is to treat you as a real person, not just ‘human capital.’ While our product is our people, we aren’t successful if you aren’t successful.
In this role, you can expect to have some of these responsibilities:
- Install, support, and manage the hardware/software/network components
- Respond to, and develop solutions for component failures and complex technical problems
- Deliver a sound and stable computing infrastructure
- Consult with computer operations management, supervisory staff, and various IT personnel to assure that IT standards for control, security, and recoverability are understood and followed
- Coordinate with other IT technical support staff to assure that appropriate IT computing standards are implemented and maintained
- Manage software upgrades to assure compliance with standards and control procedures
- Provide primary support of help desk functions associated with all network and IT issues
- Document nature of help desk tickets to help aid in development of procedures and/or training to enhance staff knowledge of efficient use of technical resources provided
- Participate in conversions and updates by:
- communicating directly with users and suppliers in gathering requirements information
- explaining technical requirements for files and data communications; and
- coordinating on-site testing of data communication and software customization
- Execute tests of data communications procedures for links to members and data servers
- Develop and test interface file handling procedures for data moving between platforms, members, and media
- Collaborate with IT network systems staff to support the following computing components:
- PC/LAN servers and workstations
- WAN communications links
- Hot-site hardware/software, and
- Office automation software
- Assists IT programming staff in on-site
- Research of production problems and training of supervisory staff on new procedures/software
- Responsible for compliance with credit union policies including the Bank Secrecy Act and Customer Identification Program
Now that you know what you will be doing, here’s what you need to do it:
- One year to three years of similar or related experience
- A two year college degree OR completion of a specialized course of study at a business or trade school OR completion of a specialized and extensive in-house training or apprenticeship program
- Work normally involves contacts with persons beyond immediate associates generally regarding routine matters for purposes of giving or obtaining information which may require some discussion
- Outside contacts take the form of service to the public (members or vendors) requiring ordinary courtesy in providing assistance and information
- Experience in PC usage and hardware/software support
- Microsoft Windows desktop and server experience required
- Batch and workflow programming desirable
- PC “TCPIP” and networking experience a plus
- Ability to diagnose problems over a WAN in remote locations.
- Must be able to install, troubleshoot, and support personal computers, servers, network and data communications software and hardware and be familiar with basic programming logic, processing concepts and terminology, and processing rigors
- Must be able to move under and around furniture and equipment and lift up to 50 pounds
- Must be able to operate a motor vehicle for purposes of traveling to assigned work
We work with some amazing companies. Still not sure if this opportunity is right for you? Here are a few more reasons our clients trust us:
Quick response to staffing needs.
We get it, time is money. Our clients trust us with part of their people operations to help them staff properly and efficiently.
A full understanding of the requirements for each position.
By listening to what drives our clients’ decision-making process, following a disciplined process of identifying top-quality candidates, and understanding core objectives and position requirements, we’re able to achieve great results.
Focused on customer satisfaction.
We boast a 99% customer satisfaction rating and that’s one of the many reasons why we rarely lose. But our customer in the talent acquisition process is more than the client – it’s you! We strive for you to have the best possible candidate experience.
An opportunity awaits you working with one of our awesome clients. It’s all up to you now, just apply!