Clifton Springs, New York - 2022-06-17 Network Engineer-Hybrid
Finding great people is difficult. But it’s what we do best. We form trusted partnerships with our clients and provide excellent opportunities for candidates, guaranteeing satisfaction for both. Our goal is to treat you as a real person, not just ‘human capital.’ While our product is our people, we aren’t successful if you aren’t successful.
Under the supervision of the IT director this position will plan, install, configure, administer, and troubleshoot the network environment as well as assist with other responsibilities of the IT team. The best candidate will be an exceptional problem solver, with a positive attitude. They should have the ability to work well as part of a team and independently as needed in a dynamic and complex environment. This candidate will also have a strong customer service oriented attitude with good verbal and written communication skills.
In this role, you can expect to have some of these responsibilities:
- Responsible for the configuration and setup of Cisco switches, access points, and other infrastructure equipment
- Assist with administering the companies Cisco VOIP solution
- Perform firmware upgrades to Cisco devices as part of a NIST 800-171 Cyber Security compliance plan
- Assists users with problems/issues related to equipment/devices
- Assists users with the use of software on equipment/devices (Cisco AP, WiFi, RSA, Etc.)
- Contacts software and hardware vendors to request service for defective products/equipment/devices
- Contacts vendors to quote purchases of related IT equipment
- Assists in the development and maintenance of network communications
- Uses knowledge of LAN/WAN systems to help design and install internal and external networks
- Sets up an environment that facilitates sandboxing and periodic failover testing as needed
- Tests and evaluates network systems to eliminate problems and make improvements
- Assists in the continuous improvement and daily support of the IT department
- Coordinated educational programs with company trainer (when necessary) and assists in training users on an individual basis
- Performs special projects for the IT director as requested
Now that you know what you will be doing, here’s what you need to do it:
- Position requires a bachelor's degree in area of specialty or equivalent years experience in the field or in a related area
- Has experience working with Cisco, Cisco ASA, Cisco AP, etc.
- Strong knowledge of TCP/IP model, BGP WAN optimization, route redistribution, security best practices, etc.
- Position relies on experience, and judgment to perform the functions of the job
- Candidate will work under general supervision and reports to the director of information technology
We work with some amazing companies. Still not sure if this opportunity is right for you? Here are a few more reasons our clients trust us:
Quick response to staffing needs.
We get it, time is money. Our clients trust us with part of their people operations to help them staff properly and efficiently.
A full understanding of the requirements for each position.
By listening to what drives our clients’ decision-making process, following a disciplined process of identifying top-quality candidates, and understanding core objectives and position requirements, we’re able to achieve great results.
Focused on customer satisfaction.
We boast a 99% customer satisfaction rating and that’s one of the many reasons why we rarely lose. But our customer in the talent acquisition process is more than the client – it’s you! We strive for you to have the best possible candidate experience.
An opportunity awaits you working with one of our awesome clients. It’s all up to you now, just apply!