Hopkins, Minnesota - 2022-06-03 Network Administrator – Hybrid
Finding great people is difficult. But it’s what we do best. We form trusted partnerships with our clients and provide excellent opportunities for candidates, guaranteeing satisfaction for both. Our goal is to treat you as a real person, not just ‘human capital.’ While our product is our people, we aren’t successful if you aren’t successful.
The Network Administrator provides senior-level technical coordination and support for the school’s Information Technology (IT) network infrastructure; administers related cloud-based systems and server support; ensures system integrity, security, and access; installs, updates, and maintains network infrastructure, and coordinates resources to ensure the stable operation of the school’s critical infrastructure.
Reporting to the Chief Information Officer, the Network Administrator provides technical architecture leadership and stewardship of server infrastructure, WAN/LAN, voice, wireless, and video. In partnership with trusted VARs, this is achieved by designing, configuring, maintaining, supporting, and optimizing existing services with an eye towards emerging cloud and hybrid technologies.
The successful candidate must be an experienced, curious, communicative, and self-motivated individual to lead and oversee the execution of processes, operations, and support activities for client technologies. The position requires close work with others in the department to ensure that procedures and technologies are introduced that adhere to established school policies to ensure a secure, robust, and reliable infrastructure.
In this role, you can expect to have some of these responsibilities:
- Ensure the integrity and continual operation of network operations by monitoring, maintaining, and troubleshooting campus networks. Recommend and implement corrective solutions
- Resolve technical problems LANs, WANs, Internet, and intranet systems.
- Manage the effectiveness of security solutions, including firewalls, anti-virus, and intrusion detection systems
- Manage ongoing incorporation and transition to hybrid infrastructure model
- Monitor and maintain the functionality of all IT systems, applications, physical and virtual infrastructure, and all other IT-related functions that support the school's academic and business operations
- Maintain and administer two on-premise Windows domains
- Administer Google Workspace domain and SSO integrations
- Maintain hardware-agnostic Windows deployment services
- Maintain vSphere and HyperV virtual environments, managing the transition to VMWare/VCenter/Veeam
- Manage the maintenance of UPS battery backup units and network cabling in MDF/IDF closets
- Develop and maintain relationships with outside technology consultants and vendors
- Manage and prioritize requests for systems and network services; provide technical guidance, monitors results, and assure that all service issues are addressed and resolved via the Zendesk ticketing system
- Guide team members to resolve issues related to network and systems support
- Document service tickets and maintain work log of service requests, equipment malfunctions, software errors, and failures
- Identify and report trends and the technical problem through root cause analysis, and continuous process improvement
- Provide bi-monthly reports of incidents to lead team members
- Manage hardware inventory and maintain accurate and updated records
- Provide support for end-users across various computing, systems, and network infrastructure
IT Risk Management:
- Maintain and provide input for all aspects of system security, the confidentiality of records and information; monitors IT systems and identify security issues and violations of the school’s policies and guidelines
- Develop and maintain Disaster Recovery policy and protocol
- Manage Veeam backup servers and server backup strategy, including offsite storage and retention policies
- Ensure essential communication to all users and team members regarding any planned maintenance windows, systems upgrades, or outages
- Advise leadership on opportunities towards the transition to a hybrid infrastructure model
- Responds to infrastructure emergency incidents as necessary
- Performs other duties as assigned
Now that you know what you will be doing, here’s what you need to do it:
- At least 6-8 years of related experience in managing and supporting network and systems operations such as a network or systems administration
- Experience with the enterprise network and infrastructure systems in support of end-user devices
- At least one or more relevant industry-standard certifications Cisco, Meraki (CCNA, CMNO), Network+, Microsoft (MCSE), VMWare (VCTA, VCP), and other industry certifications
- Advanced networking principles: VLANs, routing, subnetting, bridging, TCP/IP, OSI model, SMTP, MX records, and SPF/DKIM/DMARC records
- Microsoft Services: Active Directory, Azure AD Connect, DNS, DHCP, GPOs, File and Print Services, WSUS, Windows Remote Access, InTune, Powershell, and Office 365
- Virtualization: management, control, and monitoring of supporting VMware and Hyper-V infrastructure
- Networking: Meraki and legacy Cisco network hardware
- Backup and Recovery: Veeam
- SaaS: Google Workspace
- Cybersecurity: Cisco Umbrella (OpenDNS), LastPass, Ironscales, and Sophos Endpoint
- Print Management Services: HP, Konica Copiers, and PaperCut MF
- Network Attached Storage: Nimble Storage and Synology
- Uninterruptible Power Supplies: Liebert Vertiv
- Physical Security: Door Access Control, Camera, and Paging: Brivo, Valcom, Aviligion
- VoIP: Cisco Unified Communications
- Commitment to equity and inclusion
- Superior customer service skills marked with a high level of professionalism
- Solid troubleshooting skills in support of faculty, staff, and students
- A solid grasp of time management and the ability to prioritize problems as they arise
- Ability to write clear documentation utilizing written word, screen shares, and diagrams
- Ability to support and mentor colleagues with training and technical issues
- Excellent communication, organization, and project management skills, including the ability to follow through with completion on multiple simultaneous tasks or projects
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills, including a high degree of attention to detail and the ability to work independently with minimum supervision and schedule own time
- Exceptional interpersonal skills and patience
- Will be exposed to multiple environments, outdoor, temperature-controlled offices, and server rooms
- Operate a computer or related equipment 90% of the workday
- Work is sedentary but may require standing and walking
- On occasion, the ability to work on special projects after hours or weeks to perform system upgrades
- Be available by phone and email before, during, and after business hours, within reasonable means, for constituents and co-workers, as needed
- The working environment does not include hazardous or unpleasant conditions caused by excessive noise, dust, etc.
- An ability to lift up to 35 pounds such as computers and peripherals
- Reliable vehicle for transportation as the school has three campuses
- Must be able to safely climb, bend, pull, reach, kneel, and stoop to access technology hardware in hard-to-reach spaces
- Must be able to read, write and communicate in English
- Must have good vision
We work with some amazing companies. Still not sure if this opportunity is right for you? Here are a few more reasons our clients trust us:
Quick response to staffing needs.
We get it, time is money. Our clients trust us with part of their people operations to help them staff properly and efficiently.
A full understanding of the requirements for each position.
By listening to what drives our clients’ decision-making process, following a disciplined process of identifying top-quality candidates, and understanding core objectives and position requirements, we’re able to achieve great results.
Focused on customer satisfaction.
We boast a 99% customer satisfaction rating and that’s one of the many reasons why we rarely lose. But our customer in the talent acquisition process is more than the client – it’s you! We strive for you to have the best possible candidate experience.
An opportunity awaits you working with one of our awesome clients. It’s all up to you now, just apply!