Fort Worth , Texas - 2022-10-26 NetApp Storage Management Consultant
If you’re one to rise to a challenge, this opportunity is for you. Your resume is great, but we also want to know what drives you. We’re big on culture and look for employees who can grow both professionally and personally with us.
At TSP, we make sure our employees have the opportunity to build fulfilling careers. Why? Because if our people aren’t taken care of, our customers won’t be either. TSP was founded on the belief that our product is our people and our commitment to those employees is written into our company values.
These are the job duties and responsibilities of a NetApp Storage Management Consultant:
- Develops and delivers detailed technology solutions through consulting project activities
- Technical responsibilities include problem identification, system architecture definition, hardware/software specification and/or design, implementation, testing, client training, and solution deployment
- May participate in sales and proposal presentations in addition to completing ongoing team account activities.
- Identifies additional product/services opportunities in customer organization
- Maintain highly distributed environment with ONTAP FAS/AFF/ASA/StorageGRID cluster systems
- Provide Level 3/4 support by responding to Incidents, working on service requests, problem management, infrastructure improvements and planning and performing ONTAP/StorageGRID/Element upgrades
- Works on complex problems where analysis of situations or data requires an evaluation of intangible variables
- Uses professional concepts to contribute to development of company concepts and principles and to achieve objectives in creative and effective ways
- Exercises independent judgment in developing methods, techniques and evaluation criteria for obtaining results
- On-site expert in NetApp technologies, engaging with support, engineering and account teams as needed to identify solutions for storage environment
- Performance is typically measured by the delivery of agreed solutions within scope and customer satisfaction
- Lead and deploy highly complex post-sales hardware and software architectures, installations, and integrations; ONTAP (FAS, AFF, ASA, CVO, FSxO), StorageGRID (to include FabricPool)
- Assist in the understanding of translation of business requirements into technical solutions
- Provide detailed project planning, design, implementation, and final As-Built documentation (NetAppDocs)
You should be able to handle everything above because you have experience like:
- Experience in supporting a varied clientele is essential as is a strong understanding of NetApp storage-based technologies
- Experience working in Agile environment
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills
- Proactive engagement as a team member
- Able to act as technical lead and mentor on teams deploying large, complex, and strategic projects
- Strong IT infrastructure background including OS, virtualization, networking, storage, applications, and cloud services
- Experience with NetApp FAS/AFF/ASA/StorageGRID (E-Series) hardware maintenance
- Experienced in NetApp Storage (deploying and administering NetApp Storage – CDOT and 7-Mode, troubleshooting performance issues, performing firmware and operating system upgrades, using storage management tools – OnCommand Unified Manager/ Performance Manager/ Insight, managing backup integration with NetApp technologies).
- Proficient understanding of NetApp storage concepts, related management tools and related storage technologies (Snapshots, controller failover, provisioning, deduplication, cloning, SnapMirror, IntelliSnap) including monitoring and troubleshooting, administration, replication technologies, security hardening and performance tuning
- Experience with automation and scripting
- An understanding of other components in the infrastructure stack – compute, virtualization and networks: (NetApp/Cisco Flex pod architecture, Cisco UCS platform, IBM Blade Center, System X, VMWare vSphere, Microsoft Operating Systems and Applications, Commvault)
- Strong understanding of storage protocols and technologies (CIFS, NFS, iSCSI, Fibre Channel switching and networks)
- Working knowledge of monitoring platforms, WANs, SANs, backup and disaster recovery platforms
- Windows server and related Microsoft technologies including monitoring and troubleshooting, administration, replication technologies, security hardening and performance
- Understand and/or experience in Linux System Administration, Docker, Kubernetes
Additional information about this NetApp Storage Management Consultant role:
- 50% remote and 50% onsite
- View our benefits information: https://marketing.mytsp.net/tsp-benefits
- Candidates must be authorized to work in the United States
- Selected candidate must be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 prior to start or receive an approved exemption
We Are TSP
TSP is an award-winning and customer-endorsed staffing and IT solutions company. Throughout the United States and Canada, we create custom, flexible and flawlessly executed IT solutions that amplify our customers’ team and simplify their service.
From workforce recruiting and staffing to network, server and storage maintenance, we create an entirely positive, above and beyond service experience. We don’t manufacture devices or sell software. Our product is our people — dedicated and talented individuals focused on our customers’ long-term success above TSP’s short-term gain.
We are an equal opportunity employer and welcome applications from all qualified persons without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, pregnancy, age, national origin, disability status, genetic information, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.