Foster City, California - 2022-06-01 NetApp Storage Management Consultant
Are you considering a career change with the opportunity to work for a company that cares for you? This is it — join our team today as a NetApp Consultant. At TSP, we have a proven track record of excellence that in large part is due to a unique perspective.
Both in life and in business, we believe you get back what you give. So, we pledge to take care of and invest in our people and in the communities where we live, work and play. TSP’s recognition, philanthropic and training programs as well as our comprehensive benefits plan are just a few ways that we accomplish this.
Scope of Work
Our west region has a need for a resident consultant to support our customer in Foster City, CA. This will be a 10-month residency and is likely to renew. In this role, there will be travel to San Jose and Foster City data centers for hardware/cabling work and occasional travel to Seattle data center is possible (once/twice a year). The location will be 90% onsite and 10% remote.
As a NetApp Consultant, you can expect to have these responsibilities:
- NetApp system refreshes
- Participate in discussions to determine appropriate controller model/size to refresh EOL/EOS systems(s)
- Hardware installation and setup
- Decommission of EOL/EOS system(s)
- NetApp OS upgrades
- IMT checks to ensure interacting components (SAN switches, ESX hosts, etc.) are supported for targeted version
- Prepare ONTAP upgrade schedule
- Coordinate with system/site owners to roll out the schedule
- Implement NetApp FlexGroups (must have some knowledge)
- Work with NetApp support for ongoing issues/bugs to resolution
To be successful, you’ll need experience such as:
- In-depth knowledge of NetApp operating system
- In-depth knowledge of NetApp hardware platforms
- FSX for ONTAP and AWS cloud knowledge is a plus
Additional information about this NetApp Consultant role:
- The customer requires a 3-year motor vehicle report and 7-year employment history check
- Candidates must be authorized to work in the United States
- Selected candidate must be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 prior to start or receive an approved exemption
- View our benefits information: https://marketing.mytsp.net/tsp-benefits
We Are TSP
TSP is an award-winning and customer-endorsed staffing and IT solutions company. Throughout the United States and Canada, we create custom, flexible and flawlessly executed IT solutions that amplify our customers’ team and simplify their service.
From workforce recruiting and staffing to network, server and storage maintenance, we create an entirely positive, above and beyond service experience. We don’t manufacture devices or sell software. Our product is our people — dedicated and talented individuals focused on our customers’ long-term success above TSP’s short-term gain.
We are an equal opportunity employer and welcome applications from all qualified persons without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, pregnancy, age, national origin, disability status, genetic information, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.