San Jose (100% remote), California - 2022-09-14 NetApp Consultant – 100% Remote
Are you considering a career change with the opportunity to work for a company that cares for you? This is it — join our team today as a NetApp Consultant. At TSP, we have a proven track record of excellence that in large part is due to a unique perspective.
Both in life and in business, we believe you get back what you give. So, we pledge to take care of and invest in our people and in the communities where we live, work and play. TSP’s recognition, philanthropic and training programs as well as our comprehensive benefits plan are just a few ways that we accomplish this.
The role would be operational support of network storage devices including EMC Isilon and NetApp NAS appliances, EMC and Hitachi CAS appliances and the associated support and monitoring applications. The right candidate will be responsible for troubleshooting access and performance issues, participation in disaster recovery exercises, configuration updates, snapshot and snapmirror configuration and recovery, and capacity management. Support for end user home and group shares including quota management will also be part of the responsibilities. Weekend on-call rotation will be required.
To be successful, you’ll need experience such as:
- Strong working knowledge of NetApp Cluster Data Ontap software and hardware
- Supporting NetApp snapshot, snapmirror, snapvault and other replication technologies
- Strong knowledge of the NFS, SMB, iSCSI and RESTS3 protocols is a requirement
- Familiarity with storage support tools such as NetApp AIQUM, NetApp Performance Manager, EMC Insight IQ and NTP Quota and File Sentinel would be preferred
- Strong working knowledge of storage and systems monitoring
- Ability and experience with building highly available, robust, manageable, and secure solutions
- Strong communication skills (written and presentations)
- Must be able to work well with others as well as independently
- Ability to work in a fast-paced multi-tasking environment
- On call support to respond on weekend and off hours emergency issues
- Experience with at least one scripting language (Shell/Perl/Python)
- Working knowledge of UNIX/Linux and Windows servers, IP technologies, DFS, Active Directory and backups are a plus
Additional information about this NetApp Consultant role:
- View our benefits information: https://marketing.mytsp.net/tsp-benefits
- Candidates must be authorized to work in the United States
- Selected candidate must be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 prior to start or receive an approved exemption
We Are TSP
TSP is an award-winning and customer-endorsed staffing and IT solutions company. Throughout the United States and Canada, we create custom, flexible and flawlessly executed IT solutions that amplify our customers’ team and simplify their service.
From workforce recruiting and staffing to network, server and storage maintenance, we create an entirely positive, above and beyond service experience. We don’t manufacture devices or sell software. Our product is our people — dedicated and talented individuals focused on our customers’ long-term success above TSP’s short-term gain.
We are an equal opportunity employer and welcome applications from all qualified persons without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, pregnancy, age, national origin, disability status, genetic information, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.