Dallas, Texas - Added 2021-10-06 Java Developer (Backend / API)
We are searching for a Java Developer to join our dedicated and talented team. It’s important to know upfront that at TSP, you won’t be successful unless you share our common goal of providing an entirely positive, above and beyond service experience for every customer in the TSP family.
The best and the brightest work with us, and we strive for every employee to have a sense of belonging. As a minority-owned business, we believe our diverse backgrounds and viewpoints make us stronger. Our people work in and support the technology environments of some of the world’s largest and most well-known brands.
Java Developers’s at TSP typically have the following job responsibilities:
- Design and develop applications and components based on Java 8 and Spring Framework technologies
- Design and development of REST API that integrate with React JS application
- Evaluate existing applications and systems, integrating with API
- Develop strategies, standards and best practices in the areas of API design
- Develop robust, readable software
- Work collaboratively with technical and business team members to develop business solutions
- Develop solutions which account for scalability and optimize performance
- Embrace and promote principles of Agile development, Continuous Delivery/Continuous Integration and DevOps
The ideal person to fill this role will have experience such as:
- Experience working as a Java developer or a similar role
- Experience building Java EE applications
- BS in Computer Science, Information Technology or equivalent technical experience
- 4+ years of hands-on experience in developing web applications using Java, Spring Framework, RESTful API
- Extremely strong knowledge in Java OOPs and Design Patterns
- Strong knowledge in developing RESTful services
- Strong analytical and design skills
- Strong problem-solving skills
- Ability to understand complex software architecture
- Experience working with Java8
- Familiarity with JSON/XML, Maven & GIT
- Experience Data Design/Modeling, SQL and stored procedures – RDS, MySQL
- Experience with the following technologies:
- Spring Boot
- Spring AOP
- AWS: API Gateway, Lambda functions, Elastic Beanstalk (Nice to have)
- Unit testing: Junit & Mockito
- Experience in Continuous Integration/Continuous Delivery and test automation
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Experience working in an Agile Team
- Detail-oriented and customer-centric focus
- Ability work independently with minimal supervision or effectively work in a team environment
Additional information about this Java Developer role:
- Physical requirements include prolonged periods sitting at a desk and working on a computer.
- Candidates must be authorized to work in the United States for any employer without sponsorship
- Selected candidate must be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 prior to start
- Clear criminal background and drug screen is required prior to start
We Are TSP
TSP is an award-winning and customer-endorsed technology solutions company. Throughout the United States and Canada, we create custom, flexible and flawlessly executed IT solutions that amplify our customers’ team and simplify their service.
From workforce recruiting and staffing to network, server and storage maintenance, we create an entirely positive, above and beyond service experience. We don’t manufacture devices or sell software. Our product is our people — dedicated and talented individuals focused on our customers’ long-term success above TSP’s short-term gain.
We are an equal opportunity employer and welcome applications from all qualified persons without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, pregnancy, age, national origin, disability status, genetic information, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.