Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania - 2023-05-09 Installation Support Specialist – 12 Mo. Contract
We are searching for an Installation Support Specialist to join our dedicated and talented team. At TSP, we share a passion for providing an entirely positive, above and beyond service experience for every customer in the TSP family.
The best and the brightest work with us, and we strive for every employee to have a sense of belonging. As a minority-owned business, we believe our diverse backgrounds and viewpoints make us stronger. Our people work in and support the technology environments of some of the world’s largest and most well-known brands.
Scope of Work
The Installation Support Engineer provides engineering expertise and product support to the onsite install team and assists with the physical and technical installation tasks associated with the XR2 Robot. Additionally, this role will support the electromechanical tasks associated with the installation and support of the XR2 Robot in complex environments ensuring the timely and quality completion of deliverables. The Installation Support Engineer may also be asked to provide expertise in assisting with previously installed XR2 units.
Installation Support Specialists at TSP typically have the following job responsibilities:
- Provides subject matter expertise in supporting and delivering installation builds and support tasks required for a required XR2 installation
- Maintains a deep and working knowledge of the XR2 Robot, piecing together engineering knowledge with the design and functionality of the product
- Independently troubleshoot mechanical and electrical failures to a component level
- Provides installation and technical support for XR2 which involves pneumatic controls, digital electro-mechanical servo controls, solenoid valves, PC interface controls and mechanical drive stations
- Assists in delivering efficient and highest quality product installation
- Reviews electrical schematics as well as CAD and mechanical drawings
- Partners as a stakeholder with Engineering and other teams in terms of new product developments; documentation updates; feedback on new components and cross-functional change control reviews
- Provides recommendations for process improvements related to installation and the XR2 product
- Mentors and provides technical assistance to internal resources as needed
- In a secondary capacity, provides onsite support to installed customers as needed in accordance with needs of the XR2 program
- Provides timely customer product and service feedback
- Adaptability and flexibility to work in new situations, pick up new skills and do what it takes to get the job done
- Stay up to date with technical details, repair methods and specifications
The ideal person to fill this role will have experience such as:
- Bachelor’s Degree in a technical related discipline
- Minimum six years’ experience with electromechanical equipment
- Demonstrated on the job experience with reading and interpreting electrical schematics and mechanical drawings
- Strong interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills
- Demonstrated ability to succinctly convey facts and demonstrate effective listening skills as a means of engaging with others
- Working knowledge of computer hardware, Microsoft Operating Systems and Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook)
- Effectively use problem solving skills to overcome complex technical issues
- Excellent organizational skills and ability to prioritize multiple prospects in a fast-paced environment
- Strong networking skills including TCP/IP protocol suite (IP, ARP, ICMP, TCP, UDP, SMTP, FTP, SFTP, FTPS, TFTP), Web Technology Protocols (HTTP, HTTPS)
- Understanding of electromechanical equipment and related engineering disciplines
- Must be willing and able to comply with all health and safety regulations and procedures
- Master’s Degree
- Minimum four years’ electrical or mechanical engineering experience
- Prior experience in vendor, customer service, field service and/or hospital setting or related field experience or product knowledge
- Experience installing and servicing Fanuc or Denso robotic arms including EOAT
- Experience with robotic automation equipment
Additional information about this Installation Support Specialist role:
- View our benefits information: https://marketing.mytsp.net/tsp-benefits
- Candidates must be authorized to work in the United States
We Are TSP
TSP is an award-winning, customer-endorsed, and minority-owned IT solutions company. Throughout the United States and Canada, we create custom, flexible, and flawlessly executed IT services and workforce solutions that amplify our customers’ teams and simplify their service.
We create great customer experiences by saving our customers time and money. We’re driven by integrity — we do what we say we’re going to do — exceeding expectations. Our value-based pricing focuses on our customers’ business objectives, making their success our top priority. We don’t manufacture devices or sell software — our product is our people.
We are an equal opportunity employer and welcome applications from all qualified persons without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, pregnancy, age, national origin, disability status, genetic information, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.