Los Angeles, California - Added 2021-10-22 Field Storage Engineer
If you’re one to rise to a challenge, this opportunity is for you. Your resume is great, but we also want to know what drives you. We’re big on culture and look for employees who can grow both professionally and personally with us.
At TSP, we make sure our employees have the opportunity to build fulfilling careers. Why? Because if our people aren’t taken care of, our customers won’t be either. TSP was founded on the belief that our product is our people and our commitment to those employees is written into our company values.
Scope of work
This person should be in the greater Los Angeles area, but will also be expected to travel regionally within the West Coast 30-40% of the time – area includes California, Oregon, Washington, Idaho, Wyoming, Colorado, Utah, Nevada, New Mexico, Arizona, Montana. Nationwide travel is rare but requested on occasion.
These are the job duties and responsibilities of a Field Storage Engineer:
- Provide hardware support and installation of NetApp Storage Equipment.
- Scheduling service calls and coordinate the delivery of parts.
- Understanding how to maintain said storage equipment, including troubleshooting and following product repair action plans (disk/controller swaps, etc.)
- Perform installations of NetApp storage equipment (unboxing, lifting, racking/stacking, configuration etc.)
- Interacting with IT Customers and TSP technical team members, including presales, services and support organizations. Impact extends to customer technical representatives including systems administrators and technical managers.
- Travel for training as needed
You should be able to handle everything above because you have experience like:
- Fluent in English
- Must have hardware troubleshooting experience and be technically inclined (work or military experience)
- Degree in computer science, information technology or any technical field preferred.
- Must have NetApp Storage experience
- Must have extensive exposure to datacenter environments
- A strong sense of urgency, time management and customer facing skills are required
- Must have a general understanding of Microsoft Outlook and demonstrate superb communication skills (phone/email/in-person)
- Good job stability must be reflected on resume
- Must be reliable, proactive and possess the ability to take ownership of multiple engagements
- Must have reliable transportation, a valid driver’s license, and the ability to rent a car while traveling
- Active security clearance (within 24 months) a plus but not a requirement
- NetApp maintenance training (web-based and in-person in Dallas, TX) provided by TSP. Must pass maintenance certifications.
- Must possess an active NetApp install certification – NCSIE or pass the NCSIE within 30 days of employment
- NetApp install training (in-person in Dallas, TX)
Additional information about this Field Storage Engineer role:
- Must be able to lift and install equipment (up to 75 pounds) into customer racks
- Candidates must be authorized to work in the United States
- Selected candidate must be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 prior to start
- Clear criminal background and drug screen is required prior to start
We Are TSP
TSP is an award-winning and customer-endorsed technology solutions company. Throughout the United States and Canada, we create custom, flexible and flawlessly executed IT solutions that amplify our customers’ team and simplify their service.
From workforce recruiting and staffing to network, server and storage maintenance, we create an entirely positive, above and beyond service experience. We don’t manufacture devices or sell software. Our product is our people — dedicated and talented individuals focused on our customers’ long-term success above TSP’s short-term gain.
We are an equal opportunity employer and welcome applications from all qualified persons without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, pregnancy, age, national origin, disability status, genetic information, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.