Nationwide, Pennsylvania - Added 2021-08-26 Field Installation Automation Engineer
Location: candidate must be based out of the East Coast. 100% national travel – travel out Monday and return by Friday.
If you’re a hardworking and talented Field Installation Automation Engineer, this opportunity is for you. We’re sure your resume is great and all, but we want to know what really drives you. We’re big on culture and look for employees who can grow both professionally and personally with us.
At TSP, we make sure our employees have the opportunity to build fulfilling career journeys. Why? Because if our people aren’t taken care of, our customers won’t be either. TSP was founded on the belief that our product is our people and our commitment to those employees is written into our company values.
Scope of work: The Automation Installation Engineer (AIE) independently manages day to day technical needs of installing, configuring and relocating products within customer environments. The AIE will plan, install, configure and troubleshoot products as necessary, both remotely and onsite. This role ensures that products are installed efficiently and at the highest quality.
These are the job duties and responsibilities of a Field Installation Automation Engineer:
- Travel to customer sites approximately 90% of their work schedule to provide on-site installation of central pharmacy products.
- Serve as technical and mechanical field installation expert with emphasis on the company product lines.
- Resolve technical issues as part of product installation process.
- Installation of automation equipment that includes pneumatic controls, digital electro-mechanical servo controls, solenoid valves, PC interface controls and mechanical drive stations.
- Independently troubleshoot mechanical and electrical failures.
- Read electrical schematics and mechanical drawings.
- Installation and configuration of bar code scanners, bar code printers, laser printers and Workstations.
- Provide product and install process feedback to other team members and departments.
- Lead centralized pharmacy product installs and relocations.
- Adhere to all safety policies and practices.
- Possess the ability to qualify and quantify system quality and performance using defined testing methods.
- Follow detailed installation check-lists/manuals.
- Work as part of a team to plan and execute system field deployments.
You should be able to handle everything above because you have experience like:
- Knowledge of general mechanical and electrical devices.
- Understanding of electromechanical equipment and related engineering disciplines.
- Ability to communicate effectively with all levels of management, employees, subcontractors and customers.
- Demonstrated capability to independently research and formulate solutions to technical and mechanical problems.
- Excellent attention to detail.
- Fluency in managing business travel, continuing education, expenses and customer engagements independently.
- Willing and able to work in a fast-paced, team oriented healthcare environment.
- Experience with material handling equipment such as a forklift, hand truck and pallet jack.
- Basic Qualifications:
- Associate’s Degree or Professional Certification in Mechatronics
- Minimum of three years demonstrated mechanical or electrical product installation experience.
- In lieu of Associate’s Degree, four year armed services I/T or technical related experience or High School Diploma/GED and a minimum of five years demonstrated mechanical or electrical product installation experience.
- Preferred Qualifications:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Mechanical or Electrical Engineering; Mechatronics or Robotics.
- Administrative level knowledge covering Windows workstation and server distributions through Windows 2016.
- Robotics experience.
- Forklift Certification.
- Work Conditions
- Remote/field based position.
- 90% Travel Required. (PA, NY, FL, and others)
- Must be able to push heavy equipment and have good dexterity for doing routine configuration tasks.
- Standing/sitting for prolonged periods of time may be required. Position requires a high degree of physical activity and motion to include pushing, pulling, kneeling, stooping and bending frequently.
- Must be willing and able to lift a minimum of 50 pounds with the support of others and/or lifting devices.
Additional information about this Field Installation Automation Engineer role:
- Candidates must be authorized to work in the United States
- Selected candidate must be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 prior to start
- Clear criminal background and drug screen is required prior to start
- Remote/field based position
- 100% national travel required
- Must be able to push heavy equipment and have good dexterity for doing routine configuration tasks
- Must be willing and able to lift a minimum of 50 pounds with the support of lifting devices
- Standing/sitting for prolonged periods of time may be required. Position may require a fair degree of physical activity and motion to include pushing, pulling, kneeling, stooping and bending frequently
- Working outside of normal business hours may be required to meet the needs of customer
We Are TSP
TSP is an award-winning and customer-endorsed technology solutions company. Throughout the United States and Canada, we create custom, flexible and flawlessly executed IT solutions that amplify our customers’ team and simplify their service.
From workforce recruiting and staffing to network, server and storage maintenance, we create an entirely positive, above and beyond service experience. We don’t manufacture devices or sell software. Our product is our people — dedicated and talented individuals focused on our customers’ long-term success above TSP’s short-term gain.
We are an equal opportunity employer and welcome applications from all qualified persons without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, pregnancy, age, national origin, disability status, genetic information, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Due to requirements by the customers that we support, an offer for this role will be contingent upon proof that you are fully vaccinated against Covid-19