York , Pennsylvania - Added 2021-12-13 Data Center Field Technician
If you’re a creative and talented Data Center Field Technician, this opportunity is for you. We’re sure your resume is great and all, but we want to know what really drives you. We’re big on culture and look for employees who can grow both professionally and personally with us.
The best and the brightest work with us, and we strive for every employee to have a sense of belonging. As a minority-owned business, we believe our diverse backgrounds and viewpoints make us stronger. Our people work in and support the technology environments of some of the world’s largest and most well-known brands.
These are the job duties and responsibilities of a Data Center Field Technician:
- Data center level hardware and cable installation
- Data center and NCC hardware installation/move/decommission
- Rack and stack assets including network switches, computer servers, PDUs and related IT technology equipment
- Assemble cabinets and install related hardware
- Install dress and label cables
- Install network switches, routers, firewalls, and servers
- Conduct periodic inspections of building systems, i.e., HVAC, electrical distribution
- Maintain mechanical equipment rooms to ensure clean and safe conditions
- Maintains, monitors, and performs preventive maintenance on facilities related heating/cooling equipment and electrical equipment; records readings and make adjustments where necessary to ensure proper operation of equipment
You should be able to handle everything above because you have experience like:
- A minimum of 2 years of directly related experience in the operation, installation and maintenance of data center critical equipment, building systems with in-depth technical understanding and knowledge of all HVAC, electrical, plumbing, fire/life safety, and control systems
- High school diploma or general education degree (GED) and two+ years experience in electrical systems, refrigeration and/or HVAC or equivalent combination of education and experience
- Knowledge of the electrical and mechanical systems used in a data center environment, including Feeders, Transformers, Generators, Switchgear, UPS systems, ATS/STS units, PDU/PMM units, Chillers, Air handling units and CRAC units
- Good observation skills and problem-solving ability
Additional information about this Data Center Field Technician role:
- This position would be supporting a nationally recognized healthcare organization that serves the communities of central Pennsylvania and Northern Maryland
- *** Job requires use of your own vehicle to visit work sites within the York, PA area *** (mileage reimbursed)
- Candidates must be authorized to work in the United States
- Selected candidate must be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 and Flu prior to start
- Clear criminal background and drug screen is required prior to start
We Are TSP
TSP is an award-winning and customer-endorsed technology solutions company. Throughout the United States and Canada, we create custom, flexible and flawlessly executed IT solutions that amplify our customers’ team and simplify their service.
From workforce recruiting and staffing to network, server and storage maintenance, we create an entirely positive, above and beyond service experience. We don’t manufacture devices or sell software. Our product is our people — dedicated and talented individuals focused on our customers’ long-term success above TSP’s short-term gain.