Warrendale, Pennsylvania - 2022-09-14 Engineer IV, Mechanical Design-Hybrid
We are searching for an Engineer IV, Mechanical Design to join our dedicated and talented team. At TSP, we share a passion for providing an entirely positive, above and beyond service experience for every customer in the TSP family.
The best and the brightest work with us, and we strive for every employee to have a sense of belonging. As a minority-owned business, we believe our diverse backgrounds and viewpoints make us stronger. Our people work in and support the technology environments of some of the world’s largest and most well-known brands.
The Mechanical Engineer IV is an individual contributor who works on mechanical assemblies for Robotics and Automation product lines. This engineer participates in a multi-disciplinary engineering team to investigate product issues, design solutions, test, and support the transition of designs from engineering to manufacturing and then the field.
Engineers at TSP typically have the following job responsibilities:
- Lead multi-disciplinary technical teams to develop and evaluate solutions of complex multi-product level problems where analysis of situations or data requires an in-depth evaluation of various factors
- Conducts feasibility studies of new and modified designs exercising judgment within broadly defined practices and policies in selecting methods, techniques, and evaluation criteria
- Lead design, and analysis of complex mechanical systems including design reviews with a focus on DFM, tolerance stack-up, and serviceability
- Plays a lead role in the development of technology strategy at the team level as well as acquisition of new technology
- Drive new technologies into products and help keep development team members aware of relevant new technologies
- Lead the execution of failure modes and effect analysis (FMEA) of system level and sub-system level designs to identify high risk areas to improve designs
- Leads root cause analysis efforts and defining creative and effective corrective actions
- Provide leadership role at a system/subassembly project level by assigning work and resolving problems as required
- Mentoring and coordination of other engineers
- Willingness to travel to domestic and international off-site locations as necessary to directly support customers, evaluate field issues as well as support start up activities for new products
- Estimate, manage, and report time required for multiple, concurrent tasks
- Develop quarterly goals
The ideal person to fill this role will have experience such as:
- Ability to practically apply systems engineering frameworks and best practices to product development
- Advanced knowledge of medical related technologies, products, markets, customers and business fundamentals
- Proficient with designing complex electromechanical and robotics subassemblies and systems within a formal product development process
- Demonstrated experience with Bill of Materials, MRP systems and the ECR, ECO processes
- Experience with project lead role
- Able to effectively solve problems, work independently on sub-assemblies and multi-task as required
- Good interpersonal and communication skills
- Self-starter, capable of working independently as well as building strong cross functional collaborative relationships
- Must be able to work in a team environment and assist cross functional teams with the debugging of complex issues
- Results oriented and disciplined, while comfortable working in a fast-paced environment
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Proficient with the Microsoft Office Suite of products
- BS degree in mechanical engineering; or other engineering discipline
- Minimum 8 years engineering experience
- In depth experience with tolerance stack-up analysis on complex mechanical assemblies, including software packages for conducting tolerance stack-up analysis
- In depth experience with Finite Element Analysis (FEA) theory and software
- Master’s Degree in mechanical engineering
- Advanced knowledge of medical products, markets, customers and business fundamentals
- Experience with Agile PLM
- Experience with AutoCAD
- Experience with robotic systems
- Experience with DFMEA process
- Working experience with FDA regulated, ISO13485, or other highly regulated environments
Additional information about this Engineer IV, Mechanical Design role:
- View our benefits information: https://marketing.mytsp.net/tsp-benefits
- Candidates must be authorized to work in the United States
- Selected candidate must be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 prior to start or receive an approved exemption
We Are TSP
TSP is an award-winning and customer-endorsed staffing and IT solutions company. Throughout the United States and Canada, we create custom, flexible and flawlessly executed IT solutions that amplify our customers’ team and simplify their service.
From workforce recruiting and staffing to network, server and storage maintenance, we create an entirely positive, above and beyond service experience. We don’t manufacture devices or sell software. Our product is our people — dedicated and talented individuals focused on our customers’ long-term success above TSP’s short-term gain.
We are an equal opportunity employer and welcome applications from all qualified persons without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, pregnancy, age, national origin, disability status, genetic information, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.