Dallas, Texas - 2022-05-13 Desktop Specialist
Are you considering a career change with the opportunity to work for a company that cares for you? This is it — join our team today as a Desktop Specialist. At TSP, we have a proven track record of excellence that in large part is due to a unique perspective.
Both in life and in business, we believe you get back what you give. So, we pledge to take care of and invest in our people and in the communities where we live, work and play. TSP’s recognition, philanthropic and training programs as well as our comprehensive benefits plan are just a few ways that we accomplish this.
As a Desktop Specialist, you can expect to have these responsibilities:
- Configures and installs hardware or software that supports critical business needs
- Involved in the installation and rollout of new software packages, upgrades, and new desktop hardware to include configurations of networking printing
- Sets up and connects to peripheral equipment, including printers, scanners, projectors, IP phones, speakers, and video switch boxes and troubleshoots and resolve malfunctions
- Receives and address service requests from individual end users or from the help desk
- Maintains inventory of parts or components, tracks progress of service requests and updates ticketing systems, and logs repairs and service performed
To be successful, you’ll need experience such as:
- Knowledge of Windows Operating System platforms
- Knowledge and use of active directory, installation and configuration of Microsoft Office products configuration and troubleshooting of MS Outlook
- Knowledge of System Center Configuration Manager (SCCM
- Knowledge of Microsoft Deployment Toolkit (MDT) / Imaging system
- Knowledge of Windows Registry and Windows System Restore
- Familiarity with application compatibility
- Familiarity with Windows and other software firewalls
- Familiarity with encryption software
- Strong verbal and written communication, phone support, fact-finding research, process oriented, process improvement, documentation experience
- Ability to multi-task, customer service, problem resolution
- Asset tracking, use of incident tracking tools, and the ability to schedule and respond to incidents
- Work efficiently with minimal supervision
- The employee must be a self-starter and be able to work in a team environment
- Must be able to follow established support process and incident tracking guidelines
- Must be able to prioritize daily work schedule and respond to escalations as needed
Additional information about this Desktop Specialist role:
- Must have a valid driver’s license, private transportation, and current automobile insurance
- This position may require travel and transport of company assets to different office locations in North Dallas & Richardson area
- Physical requirements include walking long distances, prolonged periods of sitting/standing, ability to lift and install equipment (up to 75 lbs with assistance), physical activity and motion to include pushing, pulling, kneeling, stooping, and bending frequently
- View our benefits information: https://marketing.mytsp.net/tsp-benefits
- Candidates must be authorized to work in the United States
- Selected candidate must be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 prior to start or receive an approved exemption
We Are TSP
TSP is an award-winning and customer-endorsed staffing and IT solutions company. Throughout the United States and Canada, we create custom, flexible and flawlessly executed IT solutions that amplify our customers’ team and simplify their service.
From workforce recruiting and staffing to network, server and storage maintenance, we create an entirely positive, above and beyond service experience. We don’t manufacture devices or sell software. Our product is our people — dedicated and talented individuals focused on our customers’ long-term success above TSP’s short-term gain.
We are an equal opportunity employer and welcome applications from all qualified persons without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, pregnancy, age, national origin, disability status, genetic information, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.