Dillon, South Carolina - 2023-09-19 Controls Engineer
Finding great people is difficult. But it’s what we do best. We form trusted partnerships with our customers and provide excellent opportunities for candidates, guaranteeing satisfaction for both. Our goal is to treat you as a real person, not just ‘human capital.’ While our product is our people, we aren’t successful if you aren’t successful.
The primary focus will maintain the current control platforms, assist in project conceptual designs, detail engineering, procurement, construction, and pre-operational testing as well as commissioning and start up. The successful candidate will work with the global IT and manufacturing teams to lead technology driven business process transformation and innovation in the manufacturing IT environment.
In this role, you can expect to have some of these responsibilities:
- Design and troubleshoot process control systems and systems integration configuration preferable Apriso Dassault Systemes and Infor Syteline
- Engineer, design and test electrical, instrumentation and automation systems associated with industrial manufacturing plants
- PLC/HMI hardware/software design, programming, and troubleshooting
- Develop and engineer electrical schematics and PLC logic
- Design and implement process network infrastructure (Ethernet, Device Net, Control Net, etc.)
- Interface and communicate with vendors, process engineering, installation contractors and project management
- Specify and procure controls hardware and field instrumentation
- Compliance and enforcement of company, safety, environmental, governmental policies and regulations as they apply
- Understand and assist in application of company safety procedures, Lock & Tag, and Arc Flash
- Partner with division IT to setup the greenfield operation in compliance with corporate IT policies, the IT internal control framework, and cybersecurity
- Work with Industry 4.0 solution providers, equipment manufacturers, and the ERP vendor to design and implement the required systems integrations points and data flow to achieve best in class lights-out-manufacturing
- Work with solution providers to develop, implement, and continuously improve, MES, SCADA, and KPI outputs
- Help support corporate and division data governance and master data initiatives
Now that you know what you will be doing, here’s what you need to do it:
- Bachelor’s Degree in electrical engineering (preferred) or computer science, information systems or a related study (or equivalent project-related experience)
- Minimum 3 years’ experience with Industry 4.0, robotics, digital manufacturing, MS SQL, PowerBI, MES, IoT, and ERP systems
- 2 years of experience in the electrical & controls engineering field
- Strong understanding of PLC ladder logic, programming methods, and process related control systems. (Allen Bradley Micro Logix, RS Logix 500 and Control Logix Platforms)
- Ability to design/enhance HMI applications
- Knowledge of automation (PLC) and electrical system design, diagnosis and operation
- Able to communicate effectively with employees in a professional and friendly manner
- Able to work independently as a productive member of a team
- Will follow instructions and pre-established guidelines to perform the function of the job under minimal supervision
- Demonstrated control systems competency
- Well versed in Microsoft office programs
- Experience architecting and implementing data projects on cloud
- Thorough understanding of data and analytics services on Azure/AWS
- Proven problem-solving capability required
- Excellent communication skills required
- Additional experience in Kepware, DELMIA, Apriso, Ortems, CATIA 3D experience is desirable
- SQL database knowledge preferred
- Database programming skills a plus (SCADA, Apriso Dassault Systems, ERP Infor Syteline is a plus)
- US Citizenship or permanent residency is required due to government military contracts
- Intermittent exposure to indoor manufacturing environment
- Intermittent exposure to moderate noise
- Exposure to hazardous chemical environment
- Working conditions may include small spaces, dust, fumes, odors, hot / cold temperatures, inside / outside noise vibration, standing on concrete for long hours and wet or uneven surfaces
- Must be able to support a 24/7 operation
- Hours of operation and employee schedules vary based off each project and may require irregular or extended hour and travel for project completion
- Some travel required
- Must be able to lift and carry items weighing up to thirty-five (35) pounds on an intermittent basis
- Must be able to stand, walk, bend, squat, climb, kneel, twist and work at heights on an intermittent basis
- Requires hand manipulation including simple grasping, pushing and pulling of materials
- Must be able to reach and work above and below the shoulder level
- Must be able to work with and around forklifts and hazardous machinery
- Must be able to wear all required personal protective equipment
We work with some amazing companies. Still not sure if this opportunity is right for you? Here are a few more reasons our clients trust us:
Quick response to staffing needs.
We get it, time is money. Our clients trust us with part of their people operations to help them staff properly and efficiently.
A full understanding of the requirements for each position.
By listening to what drives our clients’ decision-making process, following a disciplined process of identifying top-quality candidates, and understanding core objectives and position requirements, we’re able to achieve great results.
Focused on customer satisfaction.
We boast a 99% customer satisfaction rating and that’s one of the many reasons why we rarely lose. But our customer in the talent acquisition process is more than the client – it’s you! We strive for you to have the best possible candidate experience.
An opportunity awaits you working with one of our awesome clients. It’s all up to you now, just apply!