Irving, Texas - Added 2021-09-09 CDI Engineer
CDI Engineer – Irving, TX
$95,000 – $115,000/year – direct perm hire with our customer
NOTE: Employees are working remotely until January 4, 2022, then will be working in the Irving, TX office Monday, Tuesday, Thursday, and from home on Wednesday & Friday.
Finding great people is difficult. But it’s what we do best. We form trusted partnerships with our clients and provide excellent opportunities for candidates, guaranteeing satisfaction for both. Our goal is to treat you as a real person, not just ‘human capital.’ While our product is our people, we aren’t successful if you aren’t successful.
The Customer Data Integration (CDI) Engineer is responsible for developing code to integrate, transform, and populate data in the client database from data sources provided by the client and/or third-party data sources. The CDI Engineer understands the complete data life cycle in an agency environment. This requires both technical and business skills that include technical requirements, documentation, and development as part of the complete software development life cycle (SDLC). In addition to new projects, there are existing implementations where the CDI Engineer is called upon to handle data maintenance items like data quality management, error handling, and code break/fix.
In this role, you can expect to have some of these responsibilities:
- Based on business requirements, contributes to detailed technical requirements and specifications; identifies missing details in the business requirements and engages the appropriate resource(s) for clarification
- Develops mapping and data processing procedures to import data from various data sources and populate the client database
- Develops data extracts and procedures to support internal and client (external) business analytics
- Develops unit test cases and ensures successful test completion before delivery of code to quality assurance (QA) team (unit tests should be thorough and cover all functions dealing with business logic and data layouts)
- Develops efficiencies throughout the SDLC on an iterative basis; this includes reuse of existing internal/third-party components
- Coordinates with QA team to ensure quality deliverables; this includes delivering bug fixes, documentation, and appropriate dependency information with every release
- Consistently checks work area code into repository to guarantee safety of code artifacts and minimize code dependency impact to other team members
- Identifies cross-competency needs and assists with development of standard operating procedures within and across client teams
- Contributes to the project estimation process
- Multitasks through project execution and prioritizes accordingly, ensuring project deadlines are met and deliverables are completed in a timely fashion
- Assists with the transition from project completion to ongoing production and production support
- Communicates requirements and status with other teams and competencies, as required on an ongoing basis
Now that you know what you will be doing, here’s what you need to do it:
- 2+ years of Informatica experience is required
- 2 years of SQL/database experience, preferably Oracle
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Engineering, MIS, or IIS is preferred
Knowledge and Ability:
- Development Tools/Platforms
- SQL and PL/SQL
- Shell scripting
- PERL (a plus)
- .NET (a plus)
- SQL Server 2005/2008
- Dimensional data warehousing
We work with some amazing companies. Still not sure if this opportunity is right for you? Here are a few more reasons our clients trust us:
Quick response to staffing needs.
We get it, time is money. Our clients trust us with part of their people operations to help them staff properly and efficiently.
A full understanding of the requirements for each position.
By listening to what drives our clients’ decision-making process, following a disciplined process of identifying top-quality candidates, and understanding core objectives and position requirements, we’re able to achieve great results.
Focused on customer satisfaction.
We boast a 99% customer satisfaction rating and that’s one of the many reasons why we rarely lose. But our customer in the talent acquisition process is more than the client – it’s you! We strive for you to have the best possible candidate experience.
An opportunity awaits you working with one of our awesome clients. It’s all up to you now, just apply!