Phoenix, Arizona - 2023-08-29 Associate Service Engineer
If you’re one to rise to a challenge, this opportunity is for you. Your resume is great, but we also want to know what drives you. We’re big on culture and look for employees who can grow both professionally and personally with us.
At TSP, we make sure our employees have the opportunity to build fulfilling careers. Why? Because if our people aren’t taken care of, our customers won’t be either. TSP was founded on the belief that our product is our people and our commitment to those employees is written into our company values.
Scope of Work
Once fully trained, the engineer will be providing maintenance and hardware support of multiple data storage platforms (i.e. NetApp, Pure Storage, Rubrik, etc). This is a home-based field role and will be driving own vehicle to various business sites for service delivery on a regular basis (business mileage reimbursed).
The ideal location of the candidate should be Phoenix, AZ to be close to the main customer-base in the area, but will consider other locations in very close proximity (within 15 mile radius preferably). We will also consider an entry-level tech savvy candidate with no IT work experience if they meet all other requirements – paid training is provided.
As an Associate Service Engineer, you can expect to have these responsibilities:
- Provide hardware support services of data storage equipment
- Maintain equipment, including troubleshooting and following product repair action plans (disk/controller swaps, etc.)
- Act as smart hands with direction from a support center
- Assist with installations (unboxing, lifting, racking/stacking, installing, etc.)
- Schedule service calls and coordinate the delivery of parts
- Interact with IT customers and TSP technical team members and external support organizations
- Impact extends to customer technical representatives including systems administrators and technical managers
- Travel for formal and informal training and getting certified to deliver installations and higher-end activities
- Maintain flexibility to travel outside of the coverage area when required
- TSP is a third-party service provider, meaning we handle multiple partners
- 24/7 on-call rotation availability — weekend and evening work required, as are occasional holidays
- TSP covers our customers on a 24/7/365 basis
To be successful, you’ll need experience such as:
- Must be tech-savvy and exposed to hardware troubleshooting or installation experience (in work experience, military experience, gamer that has built computers, or just the “go-to” person that all your friends/family go to for technical help!)
- Education: degree in computer science, information technology, or any technical field preferred
- Minimum of high school diploma or GED
- Must understand Microsoft Outlook and demonstrate professional communication skills (phone/email/in-person)
- Exposure to datacenter environments preferred, but not required
- Positive attitude, professional, self-motivated, and fast learner
- A strong sense of urgency, time management and customer facing skills are required
- Must be reliable, proactive and possess the ability to take ownership of multiple engagements
- Good job stability must be reflected on resume
Additional information about this Associate Service Engineer:
- Must be fluent in English with great communication skills (phone, email, messaging, etc.)
- Must have reliable transportation and a valid driver’s license (business mileage reimbursed)
- Must be able to lift and install equipment (up to 75 pounds) into customer racks
- Candidates must be authorized to work in the United States (no sponsorship available at this time)
- Selected candidate must be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 prior to start
- View our benefits information: https://marketing.mytsp.net/tsp-benefit
- Starting compensation: $18-20/hr depending on relevant experience
We Are TSP
TSP is an award-winning, customer-endorsed, and minority-owned IT solutions company. Throughout the United States and Canada, we create custom, flexible, and flawlessly executed IT services and workforce solutions that amplify our customers’ teams and simplify their service.
We create great customer experiences by saving our customers time and money. We’re driven by integrity — we do what we say we’re going to do — exceeding expectations. Our value-based pricing focuses on our customers’ business objectives, making their success our top priority. We don’t manufacture devices or sell software — our product is our people.
We are an equal opportunity employer and welcome applications from all qualified persons without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, pregnancy, age, national origin, disability status, genetic information, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.