Nashville, Tennessee - 2022-09-21 Associate Service Engineer
We are searching for an Associate Service Engineer to join our dedicated and talented team. At TSP, we share a passion for providing an entirely positive, above and beyond service experience for every customer in the TSP family.
The best and the brightest work with us, and we strive for every employee to have a sense of belonging. As a minority-owned business, we believe our diverse backgrounds and viewpoints make us stronger. Our people work in and support the technology environments of some of the world’s largest and most well-known brands.
Scope of Work
Once fully trained, this engineer will be providing maintenance and hardware support of multiple data storage platforms (i.e. NetApp and Pure Storage). This is a home-based field role and will be driving to various business sites for service delivery on a regular basis.
Ideal location of candidate should be Nashville, TN to be close to the main customer-base in the area, but will consider other locations in very close proximity. Will also consider an entry-level tech-savvy candidate with no IT work experience if they meet all other requirements – paid training is provided.
Associate Service Engineers at TSP typically have the following job responsibilities:
- After a short training period, perform hands-on hardware break-fix on multiple storage platforms
- Schedule service calls and coordinate delivery of parts
- Assist with installations (unboxing, lifting, racking/stacking, installing, etc.)
- Frequently lift and move up to 20 pounds and occasionally lift and move up to 50 pounds
- Interact and influence IT customers and TSP technical team members, including pre-sales, services, and support organizations
- Impact extends to customer technical representatives, including systems administrators and technical managers
- Maintain flexibility to travel outside of the coverage area when required
- Available for on-call/standby coverage (nights and weekends) — will be on call 24/7/365 unless time is scheduled off
- Please note, this will be the only engineer covering the local area.
The ideal person to fill this role will have experience such as:
- Tech savvy individual with hardware troubleshooting experience (in work experience, military experience, gamer who has built computers, or just the “go-to” person that all your friends/family go to for technical help!)
- Formal and informal training towards certifications would be considered for a qualified candidate
- Good job stability must be reflected on a resume
- Positive attitude, reliable, professional, self-motivated, and fast learner
- A strong sense of urgency, time management, and customer-facing skills are required
- Must have a general understanding of Microsoft Outlook and demonstrate professional communication skills (phone/email/in-person)
- A degree in computer science, information technology, or any technical field is preferred
Additional information about this Associate Service Engineer role:
- Reliable transportation and valid driver’s license are required (business mileage reimbursed).
- View our benefits information: https://marketing.mytsp.net/tsp-benefits
- Candidates must be authorized to work in the United States
- Selected candidate must be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 prior to start or receive an approved exemption
We Are TSP
TSP is an award-winning and customer-endorsed staffing and IT solutions company. Throughout the United States and Canada, we create custom, flexible and flawlessly executed IT solutions that amplify our customers’ team and simplify their service.
From workforce recruiting and staffing to network, server and storage maintenance, we create an entirely positive, above and beyond service experience. We don’t manufacture devices or sell software. Our product is our people — dedicated and talented individuals focused on our customers’ long-term success above TSP’s short-term gain.
We are an equal opportunity employer and welcome applications from all qualified persons without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, pregnancy, age, national origin, disability status, genetic information, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.