Kansas City, Missouri - 2023-01-13 Associate Service Engineer
Are you considering a career change with the opportunity to work for a company that cares for you? This is it — join our team today as an Associate Service Engineer. At TSP, we have a proven track record of excellence that in large part is due to a unique perspective.
Both in life and in business, we believe you get back what you give. So, we pledge to take care of and invest in our people and in the communities where we live, work and play. TSP’s recognition, philanthropic and training programs as well as our comprehensive benefits plan are just a few ways that we accomplish this.
Scope of Work
Once fully trained, this engineer will be providing maintenance and hardware support of various data storage systems. This is a home-based field role and will be driving to various business sites for service delivery on a regular basis. Paid training is provided.
Ideal location of candidate should be Kansas City, MO to be close to the main customer-base in the area, but will consider other locations in very close proximity.
Note: this will be the sole engineer covering the area – will be oncall 24/7.
As an Associate Service Engineer, you can expect to have these responsibilities:
- Provide hardware support services for NetApp, Pure, and Rubrik Storage equipment
- Scheduling service calls and coordinate the delivery of parts
- Understanding how to maintain said storage equipment, including troubleshooting and following product repair action plans (disk/controller swaps, etc.) and acting as smart hands with direction from a support center
- Interacting with IT customers and TSP technical team members and external support organizations
- Impact extends to customer technical representatives including systems administrators and technical managers
- Travel for formal and informal training and getting certified to deliver installations and higher end activities
- Weekend and evening work required, as are occasional holidays
- On-call rotation with three other team members required
To be successful, you’ll need experience such as:
- Any IT or storage experience is welcome but not a requirement
- Exposure to datacenter environments preferred, but not required
- A strong sense of urgency, time management and customer facing skills are required
- Must have a general understanding of Microsoft Outlook and demonstrate superb communication skills (phone/email/in-person).
- Good job stability must be reflected on resume
- Must be reliable, proactive and possess the ability to take ownership of multiple engagements
Additional information about this Associate Service Engineer role:
- Fluent in English
- Must have reliable transportation and a valid driver’s license
- Must be able to lift and install equipment (up to 75 pounds) into customer racks
- View our benefits information: https://marketing.mytsp.net/tsp-benefits
- Candidates must be authorized to work in the United States
- Selected candidate must be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 prior to start or receive an approved exemption
We Are TSP
TSP is an award-winning, customer-endorsed, and minority-owned IT solutions company. Throughout the United States and Canada, we create custom, flexible, and flawlessly executed IT services and workforce solutions that amplify our customers’ teams and simplify their service.
We create great customer experiences by saving our customers time and money. We’re driven by integrity — we do what we say we’re going to do — exceeding expectations. Our value-based pricing focuses on our customers’ business objectives, making their success our top priority. We don’t manufacture devices or sell software — our product is our people.
We are an equal opportunity employer and welcome applications from all qualified persons without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, pregnancy, age, national origin, disability status, genetic information, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.