Des Moines, Iowa - Added 2021-10-07 Associate Service Engineer
We are searching for an Associate Service Engineer to join our dedicated and talented team. It’s important to know upfront that at TSP, you won’t be successful unless you share our common goal of providing an entirely positive, above and beyond service experience for every customer in the TSP family.
The best and the brightest work with us, and we strive for every employee to have a sense of belonging. As a minority-owned business, we believe our diverse backgrounds and viewpoints make us stronger. Our people work in and support the technology environments of some of the world’s largest and most well-known brands.
Associate Service Engineers at TSP typically have the following job responsibilities:
- Perform hands on hardware break-fix on multiple storage platforms (after a short training period)
- Schedule service calls and coordinating delivery of parts
- Assist with installations (unboxing, lifting, racking/stacking, installing, etc.)
- Will be required to interact and influence IT Customers and TSP technical team members, including presales, services, and support organizations
- Impact extends to customer technical representatives including systems administrators and technical managers
- Maintain flexibility to travel outside of the coverage area when required Formal and Informal training towards certifications would be considered for a qualified candidate
The ideal person to fill this role will have experience such as:
- Hardware troubleshooting experience (in work experience, military experience, or just the "go-to" person that all your friends/family go to for technical help!)
- Good job stability must be reflected on resume
- Degree in computer science, information technology, or any technical field preferred
- Positive attitude, professional, self-motivated, and fast learner
- A strong sense of urgency, time management, and customer-facing skills are required
- Must have a general understanding of Microsoft Outlook and demonstrate professional communication skills (phone/email/in-person)
Additional information about this Associate Service Engineer role:
- Frequently lift and move up to 20 pounds and occasionally lift and move up to 50 pounds
- On-call Rotation 24/7/365
- Reliable transportation and valid driver’s license
- Must be available for on call/standby coverage (nights and weekends)
- Candidates must be authorized to work in the United States without sponsorship
- Selected candidate must be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 prior to start
- Clear criminal background and drug screen is required prior to start
We Are TSP
TSP is an award-winning and customer-endorsed technology solutions company. Throughout the United States and Canada, we create custom, flexible and flawlessly executed IT solutions that amplify our customers’ team and simplify their service.
From workforce recruiting and staffing to network, server and storage maintenance, we create an entirely positive, above and beyond service experience. We don’t manufacture devices or sell software. Our product is our people — dedicated and talented individuals focused on our customers’ long-term success above TSP’s short-term gain.
We are an equal opportunity employer and welcome applications from all qualified persons without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, pregnancy, age, national origin, disability status, genetic information, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.