Chicago, Illinois - Added 2021-10-08 Associate Service Engineer
Are you looking for a career change and the opportunity to work for a company that actually cares about its employees? This is it — join our team today as an Associate Service Engineer. At TSP, we have a proven track record of excellence that in large part is due to a unique perspective.
Both in life and in business, we believe you get back what you give. So, we pledge to take care of and invest in our people and in the communities where we live, work and play. TSP’s recognition, philanthropic and training programs as well as our comprehensive benefits plan are just a few ways that we accomplish this.
As an Associate Service Engineer, you can expect to have these responsibilities:
- Perform hands on hardware break-fix on multiple storage platforms (after a short training period)
- Schedule service calls and coordinating delivery of parts
- Assist with installations (unboxing, lifting, racking/stacking, installing, etc.)
- Will be required to interact and influence IT Customers and TSP technical team members, including presales, services, and support organizations
- Impact extends to customer technical representatives including systems administrators and technical managers
- Maintain flexibility to travel outside of the coverage area when required Formal and Informal training towards certifications would be considered for a qualified candidate
To be successful, you’ll need experience such as:
- Hardware troubleshooting experience (in work experience, military experience, or just the "go-to" person that all your friends/family go to for technical help!)
- Good job stability must be reflected on resume
- Degree in computer science, information technology, or any technical field preferred
- Positive attitude, professional, self-motivated, and fast learner
- A strong sense of urgency, time management, and customer-facing skills are required
- Must have a general understanding of Microsoft Outlook and demonstrate professional communication skills (phone/email/in-person)
Additional information about this Associate Service Engineer role:
- Frequently lift and move up to 20 pounds and occasionally lift and move up to 50 pounds
- Selected candidate must be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 prior to start
- Clear criminal background and drug screen is required prior to start Reliable transportation and valid driver’s license
- On-call Rotation 24/7/365
- U.S. Citizens and those authorized to work in the U.S. are encouraged to apply. We are unable to sponsor at this time.
We Are TSP
TSP is an award-winning and customer-endorsed technology solutions company. Throughout the United States and Canada, we create custom, flexible and flawlessly executed IT solutions that amplify our customers’ team and simplify their service.
From workforce recruiting and staffing to network, server and storage maintenance, we create an entirely positive, above and beyond service experience. We don’t manufacture devices or sell software. Our product is our people — dedicated and talented individuals focused on our customers’ long-term success above TSP’s short-term gain.
We are an equal opportunity employer and welcome applications from all qualified persons without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, pregnancy, age, national origin, disability status, genetic information, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.