Newark, New Jersey - 2022-08-15 Associate Service Engineer
We are searching for an Associate Service Engineer to join our dedicated and talented team. At TSP, we share a passion for providing an entirely positive, above and beyond service experience for every customer in the TSP family.
The best and the brightest work with us, and we strive for every employee to have a sense of belonging. As a minority-owned business, we believe our diverse backgrounds and viewpoints make us stronger. Our people work in and support the technology environments of some of the world’s largest and most well-known brands.
Scope of Work
Once trained, immediate duties will be to perform hands-on hardware break-fix on multiple platforms (i.e. NetApp and Pure Storage) at various locations throughout the region.
Ideal location of candidate should be Newark, NJ to be close to the main customer-base in the area, but will consider other locations in very close proximity. Will also consider an entry-level tech-savvy candidate with no IT work experience if they meet all other requirements – paid training is provided.
These are the job duties and responsibilities of an Associate Service Engineer:
- Schedule service calls and coordinating delivery of parts
- Understanding how to maintain storage equipment, including troubleshooting, and following product repair action plans (disk/controller swaps, etc.) and acting as smart hands with direction from a support center
- Interacting with IT customers and TSP technical team members and external support organizations —impact extends to customer technical representatives including systems administrators and technical managers
- Travel for formal and informal training and getting certified to deliver installations and higher-end activities
- Assist with installations (unboxing, lifting, racking/stacking, installing, etc.)
- Maintain flexibility to travel outside of the coverage area when required
- On-call availability 24/7/365 — weekend and evening work required, as are occasional holidays
You should be able to to handle everything above because you have experience like:
- Must have hardware troubleshooting or installation experience (in work experience, military experience, gamer that has built computers, or just the “go-to” person that all your friends/family go to for technical help!)
- Data storage experience is welcome, but not a requirement
- Exposure to data center environments preferred, but not a requirement
- Positive attitude, professional, self-motivated, and fast learner
- A strong sense of urgency, time management, and customer-facing skills are required
- Must have a general understanding of Microsoft Outlook and demonstrate professional communication skills (phone/email/in-person)
- Must be reliable, proactive and possess the ability to take ownership of multiple engagements
- Education: degree in computer science, information technology, or any technical field preferred
- Minimum of high school diploma or GED
Additional information about this Associate Service Engineer role:
- Formal and informal training towards certifications would be considered for a qualified candidate
- Must be able to lift and install equipment (up to 75 pounds) into customer racks
- Must be available for on call/standby coverage (nights and weekends)
- Reliable transportation and valid driver’s license (business mileage reimbursed)
- View our benefits information: https://marketing.mytsp.net/tsp-benefits
- Candidates must be authorized to work in the United States
- Selected candidate must be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 prior to start or receive an approved exemption
We Are TSP
TSP is an award-winning and customer-endorsed staffing and IT solutions company. Throughout the United States and Canada, we create custom, flexible and flawlessly executed IT solutions that amplify our customers’ team and simplify their service.
From workforce recruiting and staffing to network, server and storage maintenance, we create an entirely positive, above and beyond service experience. We don’t manufacture devices or sell software. Our product is our people — dedicated and talented individuals focused on our customers’ long-term success above TSP’s short-term gain.
We are an equal opportunity employer and welcome applications from all qualified persons without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, pregnancy, age, national origin, disability status, genetic information, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.