Chicago, Illinois - 2022-06-17 Associate Service Engineer
Are you considering a career change with the opportunity to work for a company that cares for you? This is it — join our team today as an Associate Service Engineer. At TSP, we have a proven track record of excellence that in large part is due to a unique perspective.
Both in life and in business, we believe you get back what you give. So, we pledge to take care of and invest in our people and in the communities where we live, work and play. TSP’s recognition, philanthropic and training programs as well as our comprehensive benefits plan are just a few ways that we accomplish this.
Scope of Work
Immediate duties after 10-12 weeks of training will be to provide hardware support services for NetApp and Pure Storage equipment. Ideal location of candidate should be Chicago, IL to be close the the main customer-base in the area, but will consider other locations in very close proximity. Will also consider an entry-level tech-savvy candidate with no IT work experience if they meet all other requirements – paid training is provided.
As an Associate Service Engineer, you can expect to have these responsibilities:
- Schedule service calls and coordinating delivery of parts
- Understanding how to maintain said storage equipment, including troubleshooting, and following product repair action plans (disk/controller swaps, etc.) and acting as smart hands with direction from a support center
- Interacting with IT customers and TSP technical team members and external support organizations — impact extends to customer technical representatives including systems administrators and technical managers
- Travel for formal and informal training and getting certified to deliver installations and higher-end activities
- Assist with installations (unboxing, lifting, racking/stacking, installing, etc.)
- Frequently lift and move up to 20 pounds, and occasionally lift and move up to 50 pounds
- Maintain flexibility to travel outside of the coverage area when required
- On-call rotation 24/7/365 — weekend and evening work required, as are occasional holidays
To be successful, you’ll need experience such as:
- Must have hardware troubleshooting or installation experience (in work experience, military experience, gamer that has built computers, or just the "go-to" person that all your friends/family go to for technical help!)
- Data storage experience is welcome, but not a requirement
- Exposure to datacenter environments preferred, but not required
- Positive attitude, professional, self-motivated, and fast learner
- Good job stability must be reflected on resume
- A strong sense of urgency, time management, and customer-facing skills are required
- Must have a general understanding of Microsoft Outlook and demonstrate professional communication skills (phone/email/in-person)
- Must be reliable, proactive and possess the ability to take ownership of multiple engagements
- Degree in computer science, information technology, or any technical field preferred — minimum of high school diploma or GED
Additional information about this Associate Service Engineer role:
- Reliable transportation and valid driver’s license (business mileage reimbursed)
- Must be able to lift and install equipment (up to 75 pounds) into customer racks
- Must be available for on call/standby coverage (nights and weekends)
- Formal and informal training towards certifications would be considered for a qualified candidate
- View our benefits information: https://marketing.mytsp.net/tsp-benefits
- Candidates must be authorized to work in the United States
- Selected candidate must be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 prior to start or receive an approved exemption
We Are TSP
TSP is an award-winning and customer-endorsed staffing and IT solutions company. Throughout the United States and Canada, we create custom, flexible and flawlessly executed IT solutions that amplify our customers’ team and simplify their service.
From workforce recruiting and staffing to network, server and storage maintenance, we create an entirely positive, above and beyond service experience. We don’t manufacture devices or sell software. Our product is our people — dedicated and talented individuals focused on our customers’ long-term success above TSP’s short-term gain.
We are an equal opportunity employer and welcome applications from all qualified persons without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, pregnancy, age, national origin, disability status, genetic information, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.