Vancouver, British Columbia - Added 2021-12-21 Associate Field Engineer
If you’re one to rise to a challenge, this opportunity is for you. Your resume is great, but we also want to know what drives you. We’re big on culture and look for employees who can grow both professionally and personally with us.
At TSP, we make sure our employees have the opportunity to build fulfilling careers. Why? Because if our people aren’t taken care of, our customers won’t be either. TSP was founded on the belief that our product is our people and our commitment to those employees is written into our company values.
These are the job duties and responsibilities of an Associate Field Engineer:
- Provide installation and configuration of multi-technology data storage equipment (such as NetApp and Pure Storage)
- Communicating with clients, coordinators, and other technicians to schedule and participate in: scheduling, planning, configuration review, installation
- Understanding how to install and maintain data storage equipment, including: best practices around rack and stack, cabling, installation and configuration, as well as troubleshooting and following product repair action plans (disk/controller swaps, etc.) and acting as smart hands with direction from a support center
- Interacting with IT customers and TSP technical team members and external support organization. Impact extends to customer technical representatives including systems administrators and technical managers.
- Conducting quality assurance and safety checks on all equipment
- Maintain records and log events
- Travel as needed for formal and informal training, certification, and service delivery
You should be able to handle everything above because you have experience like:
- Good oral and written communications skills — must be fluent in English
- A strong sense of urgency, time management and customer facing skills are required
- Must have a general understanding of Microsoft Outlook and demonstrate superb communication skills (phone, email, and in-person)
- Must be reliable, proactive and possess the ability to take ownership of multiple engagements
- The ability to remain professional under pressure
- Requires High School Diploma (or GED or High School Equivalence Certificate) and 0 to 2 years of experience
- Performs work under indirect supervision — handles basic issues and problems and refers more complex issues to higher-level staff
- Possess beginning to working knowledge of subject matter
Additional information about this Associate Field Engineer role:
- Weekend and evening work required, as are occasional holidays
- Candidates must be authorized to work in the United States
- Selected candidate must be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 prior to start or receive an approved exemption
- Clear criminal background and drug screen is required prior to start
We Are TSP
TSP is an award-winning and customer-endorsed technology solutions company. Throughout the United States and Canada, we create custom, flexible and flawlessly executed IT solutions that amplify our customers’ team and simplify their service.
From workforce recruiting and staffing to network, server and storage maintenance, we create an entirely positive, above and beyond service experience. We don’t manufacture devices or sell software. Our product is our people — dedicated and talented individuals focused on our customers’ long-term success above TSP’s short-term gain.
We are an equal opportunity employer and welcome applications from all qualified persons without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, pregnancy, age, national origin, disability status, genetic information, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.