Ashburn, Virginia - 2023-05-08 Associate Field Engineer
We are searching for a Field Engineer to join our dedicated and talented team. At TSP, we share a passion for providing an entirely positive, above and beyond service experience for every customer in the TSP family.
The best and the brightest work with us, and we strive for every employee to have a sense of belonging. As a minority-owned business, we believe our diverse backgrounds and viewpoints make us stronger. Our people work in and support the technology environments of some of the world’s largest and most well-known brands.
Scope of Work
Once fully trained, this engineer will be primarily installing data storage systems in data centers throughout region. For local projects, you will be driving your own vehicle to various business sites (mileage reimbursed). This will also require regional/national travel to other areas of the United States for service delivery.
Ideal location of candidate would be in Ashburn, VA but will be traveling regionally. Must have hardware installation experience and a reliable vehicle (mileage reimbursed). Paid training will be provided.
Field Engineers at TSP typically have the following job responsibilities:
- Provide hardware support and installation on multiple storage platforms across the Northeast region
- Schedule service calls and coordinate delivery of parts
- Communicating with clients, coordinators, and other technicians to schedule and participate in: scheduling, planning, configuration review, installation
- Understanding how to install and maintain data storage equipment, including best practices around rack and stack, cabling, installation and configuration
- Troubleshooting and following product repair action plans (disk/controller swaps, etc.)
- Acting as smart hands with direction from a support center
- Interacting with IT customers and TSP technical team members and external support organization
- Impact extends to customer technical representatives including systems administrators and technical managers
- Conducting quality assurance and safety checks on all equipment
- Maintain records and log events
- Installations are scheduled in advance, but the work is frequently done outside of normal business hours – must be available to work nights/weekends
- Travel as needed for formal and informal training, certification, and service delivery — this will be a 100% travel role (local and regionally)
- Keep detailed records of business mileage and travel expenses for reimbursement
The ideal person to fill this role will have experience such as:
- Must have experience in system installations and configurations with a good understanding of protocols. Linux experience a plus.
- Good verbal and written communications skills — must be fluent in English
- A strong sense of urgency, time management and customer facing skills are required
- Ability to work independently of supervision
- Must have a general understanding of Microsoft Outlook and demonstrate superb communication skills (phone, email, and in-person)
- Must be reliable, proactive and possess the ability to take ownership of multiple engagements
- The ability to remain professional under pressure
- Performs work under indirect supervision
- Handles basic issues and problems and refers more complex issues to higher-level staff
Additional information about this Associate Field Engineer role:
- Compensation: $25-29/hr
- Education: degree in computer science, information technology, or any technical field preferred. Minimum of high school diploma or GED
- Physical requirements include lifting up to 75 pounds with assistance, bending, twisting, kneeling in order to work on hardware components
- Valid drivers' license and reliable transportation (mileage reimbursement, travel time is paid)
- Available to travel, work evenings nights and/or weekends
- Candidates must be authorized to work in the United States
- View our benefits information: https://marketing.mytsp.net/tsp-benefits
We Are TSP
TSP is an award-winning, customer-endorsed, and minority-owned IT solutions company. Throughout the United States and Canada, we create custom, flexible, and flawlessly executed IT services and workforce solutions that amplify our customers’ teams and simplify their service.
We create great customer experiences by saving our customers time and money. We’re driven by integrity — we do what we say we’re going to do — exceeding expectations. Our value-based pricing focuses on our customers’ business objectives, making their success our top priority. We don’t manufacture devices or sell software — our product is our people.
We are an equal opportunity employer and welcome applications from all qualified persons without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, pregnancy, age, national origin, disability status, genetic information, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.