Chicago, Illinois - 2022-08-25 Associate Field Engineer
We are searching for an Associate Field Engineer to join our dedicated and talented team. At TSP, we share a passion for providing an entirely positive, above and beyond service experience for every customer in the TSP family.
The best and the brightest work with us, and we strive for every employee to have a sense of belonging. As a minority-owned business, we believe our diverse backgrounds and viewpoints make us stronger. Our people work in and support the technology environments of some of the world’s largest and most well-known brands.
Scope of Work
Once trained, this engineer will be providing hardware installation, configuration and support of Pure Storage equipment. Ideal location of candidate would be in the Chicago, IL area to be close to the local customer base in the area, but will be traveling 65% of the time regionally as well. Paid training is provided. Must have IT hardware installation experience and a reliable vehicle for transportation (mileage reimbursed).
Associate Field Engineers at TSP typically have the following job responsibilities:
- Provide hardware support and installation of Pure Storage equipment
- Schedule service calls and coordinate the delivery of parts
- Understand how to maintain said storage equipment, including troubleshooting and following product repair action plans (disk/controller swaps, etc.)
- Perform installations of Pure Storage equipment (unboxing, lifting, racking/stacking, configuration etc.)
- Interact with IT customers and TSP technical team members, including pre-sales, services and support organizations
- Impact extends to customer technical representatives including systems administrators and technical managers
- Willing to travel extensively for the first 6 months of employment
- Travel for training as needed
The ideal person to fill this role will have experience such as:
- Must have hardware troubleshooting experience and be technically inclined (work or military experience)
- Degree in computer science, information technology or any technical field preferred
- Must have extensive exposure to datacenter environments. (heavy want)
- A strong sense of urgency, time management and customer facing skills are required
- Must have a solid understanding of Microsoft Outlook and demonstrate superb communication skills (phone/email/in-person)
- Good job stability must be reflected on resume
- Must be reliable, proactive and possess the ability to take ownership of multiple engagements
Additional information about this Associate Field Engineer role:
- Must have reliable transportation, a valid driver’s license, and the ability to rent a car while traveling
- Must be able to lift and install equipment (up to 75 pounds) into customer racks
- Active security clearance (within 24 months) a plus but not a requirement
- Fluent in English
- View our benefits information: https://marketing.mytsp.net/tsp-benefits
- Candidates must be authorized to work in the United States
- Selected candidate must be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 prior to start or receive an approved exemption
We Are TSP
TSP is an award-winning and customer-endorsed staffing and IT solutions company. Throughout the United States and Canada, we create custom, flexible and flawlessly executed IT solutions that amplify our customers’ team and simplify their service.
From workforce recruiting and staffing to network, server and storage maintenance, we create an entirely positive, above and beyond service experience. We don’t manufacture devices or sell software. Our product is our people — dedicated and talented individuals focused on our customers’ long-term success above TSP’s short-term gain.
We are an equal opportunity employer and welcome applications from all qualified persons without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, pregnancy, age, national origin, disability status, genetic information, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.