Ashburn, Virginia - 2022-04-06 Associate Field Engineer
Are you considering a career change with the opportunity to work for a company that cares for you? This is it — join our team today as an Associate Field Engineer. At TSP, we have a proven track record of excellence that in large part is due to a unique perspective.
Both in life and in business, we believe you get back what you give. So, we pledge to take care of and invest in our people and in the communities where we live, work and play. TSP’s recognition, philanthropic and training programs as well as our comprehensive benefits plan are just a few ways that we accomplish this.
Scope of work
Once trained, this engineer will be doing hardware installation of data storage equipment. Ideal location of candidate would be in the Ashburn, VA area to be close to the local customer base in the area. Paid training is provided. Must have hardware installation experience and a reliable vehicle.
As an Associate Field Engineer, you can expect to have these responsibilities:
- Provide installation and configuration of multi-technology data storage equipment (NetApp) in multiple data center locations
- Communicating with clients, coordinators, and other technicians to schedule and participate in: scheduling, planning, configuration review, installation
- Understanding how to install and maintain data storage equipment, including best practices around rack and stack, cabling, installation and configuration
- Troubleshooting and following product repair action plans (disk/controller swaps, etc.)
- Acting as smart hands with direction from a support center
- Interacting with IT customers and TSP technical team members and external support organization — impact extends to customer technical representatives including systems administrators and technical managers
- Conducting quality assurance and safety checks on all equipment
- Maintain records and log events
- Travel as needed for formal and informal training, certification, and service delivery
- Installations are scheduled in advance, but the work is frequently done outside of normal business hours – must be available to work nights/weekends
- Travel will primarily be regionally in the Ashburn, VA area, but may need to be flexible to cover a tech in another part of the U.S. at times
- Mileage reimbursement or other travel expenses will be provided
To be successful, you’ll need experience such as:
- Some related IT experience in hardware or systems installation, data center environment (rack/stack, cabling), service desk, etc. is required
- Good verbal and written communications skills — must be fluent in English
- A strong sense of urgency, time management and customer facing skills are required
- Ability to work independently of supervision
- Must have a general understanding of Microsoft Outlook and demonstrate superb communication skills (phone, email, and in-person)
- Must be reliable, proactive and possess the ability to take ownership of multiple engagements
- The ability to remain professional under pressure
- Performs work under indirect supervision
- Handles basic issues and problems and refers more complex issues to higher-level staff
Additional information about this Associate Field Engineer role:
- Physical requirements include lifting up to 70 lbs with assistance, bending, twisting, kneeling in order to work on hardware components
- Valid drivers' license and reliable transportation (mileage reimbursement available)
- Available to travel, work evenings nights and/or weekends
- Candidates must be authorized to work in the United States
- Selected candidate must be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 prior to start or receive an approved exemption
- View our benefits information: https://marketing.mytsp.net/tsp-benefits
We Are TSP
TSP is an award-winning and customer-endorsed staffing and IT solutions company. Throughout the United States and Canada, we create custom, flexible and flawlessly executed IT solutions that amplify our customers’ team and simplify their service.
From workforce recruiting and staffing to network, server and storage maintenance, we create an entirely positive, above and beyond service experience. We don’t manufacture devices or sell software. Our product is our people — dedicated and talented individuals focused on our customers’ long-term success above TSP’s short-term gain.
We are an equal opportunity employer and welcome applications from all qualified persons without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, pregnancy, age, national origin, disability status, genetic information, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.