Austin, Texas - 2022-04-27 Assistant Project Manager (Architecture Industry)
Finding great people is difficult. But it’s what we do best. We form trusted partnerships with our clients and provide excellent opportunities for candidates, guaranteeing satisfaction for both. Our goal is to treat you as a real person, not just ‘human capital.’ While our product is our people, we aren’t successful if you aren’t successful.
In this role you will support project managers who are actively managing a multitude of complex projects. You will serve clients directly, while working with designers, consultants, and contractors. You will be responsible largely for construction administration activities and be an active participant during all phases of projects.
In this role, you can expect to have some of these responsibilities:
- Perform project management activities as assigned by and in support of project managers
- Keeps the project manager informed of progress on expectations, deadlines, and deliverables that fall within their responsibility
- Conducts budget and schedule management
- Participate in activities of the design team consisting of the architects, engineers, and various consultants
- Travel to construction job sites and client locations on a frequent basis
- Deliver day-to-day project tracking and communication with the client and project team
- Prepare, distribute, and maintain meeting notes
- Observe and record existing field conditions and prepare site visit reports with photo documentation
- Observe and report immediately deviations from the contract documents and codes — follow through with all responsible parties until issues are resolved
- Assist project managers on pre-construction meetings for various building systems to set expectations during construction, effectively communicate with team members, prepare punch list and other project tasks as required
- Attend OAC (owner/architect/contractor) meetings, as needed, to assist project managers
- Coordinate responses to contractor generated RFIs by assisting the design team with onsite conditions and coordination
- Create regular construction updates for clients
Now that you know what you will be doing, here’s what you need to do it:
- Master’s degree in architecture preferred or Bachelor’s degree meeting architect licensure criteria required
- Must be actively pursuing architect’s licensure in the State of Texas. Current architect’s licensure is a plus
- Minimum of 4 years of experience supporting project management activities
- Minimum of 8 years of experience in architecture
- Proficient in working with industry standard software including REVIT, AutoCAD, SketchUp, and Microsoft Office
- Proactive approach to organization and communication
- Able to manage multiple deadlines and priorities
- Cooperative with entire project team and contractor
- Proficient in reading drawings and specifications
- General understanding of accessibility codes, life-safety codes, building construction systems, means and methods, materials, and industry associated standards
- Detailed technical knowledge of architectural and structural systems
- General technical knowledge of HVAC, plumbing, fire protection and electrical systems
- Ability to read and understand critical path scheduling
- Climb ladders
- Observe from elevated platforms, roofs, and lifts
- Work outdoors and in buildings under construction
- Office computer work – sit and or stand during working hours
We work with some amazing companies. Still not sure if this opportunity is right for you? Here are a few more reasons our clients trust us:
Quick response to staffing needs.
We get it, time is money. Our clients trust us with part of their people operations to help them staff properly and efficiently.
A full understanding of the requirements for each position.
By listening to what drives our clients’ decision-making process, following a disciplined process of identifying top-quality candidates, and understanding core objectives and position requirements, we’re able to achieve great results.
Focused on customer satisfaction.
We boast a 99% customer satisfaction rating and that’s one of the many reasons why we rarely lose. But our customer in the talent acquisition process is more than the client – it’s you! We strive for you to have the best possible candidate experience.
An opportunity awaits you working with one of our awesome clients. It’s all up to you now, just apply!