Jenkinton, Pennsylvania - 2022-06-23 Applications Developer-Syteline and Mongoose platform (Remote)
Finding great people is difficult. But it’s what we do best. We form trusted partnerships with our clients and provide excellent opportunities for candidates, guaranteeing satisfaction for both. Our goal is to treat you as a real person, not just ‘human capital.’ While our product is our people, we aren’t successful if you aren’t successful.
In this role, you can expect to have some of these responsibilities:
- Design, develop, test, and maintain Syteline ERP applications and modules with complex system and data interfaces
- This includes, but is not limited to: complex form design and behaviors, component class/string/validator manipulation, IDO development and modification, data views and workbench customizations.
- This also encompasses backend database development within the Syteline database schema and related systems/modules. The position requires a solid knowledge of stored procedure/function development and debugging, and the ability to analyze the path of data through these and any other SQL objects (triggers, tables, temporary tables, table variables, etc).
- Design, develop, test, and maintain Syteline ERP reporting utilizing SQL Server Reporting Services or Crystal Reports.
- Syteline reports could potentially include any or all of the following: various graphing and visualizations, drill-down data, grouping, aggregation, conditional formatting and others in an array of report types.
- Work face to face and remotely with end-users and IT staff to define technical/user requirements documentation and testing plans. This is not a typical “head-down” coding position. The candidate must be comfortable frequently collaborating on proposed solutions and then working quickly and independently to deliver them.
- Rigorously test and review code produced for defects, quality, and efficiency improvements.
- Troubleshoot general ERP database problems, data issues, and performance tuning issues. The candidate must demonstrate an ability to analyze large amounts of SQL Server data in the Syteline database schema to quickly locate issues with failing jobs, stored procedures and other objects and processes.
- Participate in daily staff meetings and provide clear, concise updates on progress, issues, and commitment dates.
- Participate in division ERP implementation and migration projects Travel may be required at times to these sites for conference room pilots, go-live, or general implementation audits, among other reasons.
- Follow PCC Fastener and industry standards and best practices for coding design and testing methodologies and contribute to improving existing processes when able.
- Keep up to date on emerging technologies and trends relevant to development in the Microsoft stack as appropriate to ERP development (SQL, SSRS, SSIS, etc) and make recommendations when they see opportunities for improvement.
- Function as a member of a team of subject matter experts on Syteline-related development and process.
- Follow appropriate IT Sarbanes-Oxley compliance policies relating to code management, versioning, documentation, and deployment.
- Available for off-hour issue resolution or major deployments when necessary.
Now that you know what you will be doing, here’s what you need to do it:
- Must have the knowledge, skill, and ability to meet expectations for required competencies in position, which includes:
- 1) safety, health, and environmental awareness
- 2) business ethics and compliance
- 3) technical/professional competence and quality & time management
- 4) interpersonal relations and communication skills
- 5) initiative, flexibility, innovation, and adaptability
- 6) continuous improvement and problem solving, and
- 7) planning and organizing
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science or related field
- At least 5 years’ experience developing, testing and deploying complex ERP solutions on the Syteline and Mongoose platform. Repeatable/re-useable objects and code should be a focus whenever possible.
- At least 5 years’ experience with back-end T-SQL development in SQL Server 2008 R2 – 2014. Must excel at efficient/complex T-SQL coding (joins, objects, etc.), understand how to read and react to execution plans, and at least a conversational understanding of how different indexing works. Performance and efficiency is crucial in all of our development projects.
- At least 2 years’ experience developing reporting solutions in SQL Server Reporting Services, particularly referencing Syteline ERP data schemas
- Proficiency in MS Office products. Any VBA experience in Excel is a plus
- Familiarity with different SDLC methodologies and a personal focus on quality deliverables and unit testing
- Excellent communication, organization, and technical documentation skills
- Ability to work in a fast-paced and agile team environment with multiple high priority initiatives
- Self-starter who is driven to learn and take ownership of issues. Willing to perform “deep dives” in search of root causes and solutions
- Aptitude for assessing new business logic and process quickly and translating that to effective technical and data-driven solutions
- A positive attitude and eager to take on unfamiliar or difficult issues, logic, and business needs. Candidate should be excited about coding and delivering difficult solutions and take pride in their work
- Candidates with previous manufacturing IT experience will receive first consideration
Our organization has a responsibility to comply with all applicable requirements set forth by International Traffic Arms Regulations (“ITAR”, 22 CFR 120-130). As such, this position may have access to ITAR controlled information and must meet eligibility requirements to work in the United States
We work with some amazing companies. Still not sure if this opportunity is right for you? Here are a few more reasons our clients trust us:
Quick response to staffing needs.
We get it, time is money. Our clients trust us with part of their people operations to help them staff properly and efficiently.
A full understanding of the requirements for each position.
By listening to what drives our clients’ decision-making process, following a disciplined process of identifying top-quality candidates, and understanding core objectives and position requirements, we’re able to achieve great results.
Focused on customer satisfaction.
We boast a 99% customer satisfaction rating and that’s one of the many reasons why we rarely lose. But our customer in the talent acquisition process is more than the client – it’s you! We strive for you to have the best possible candidate experience.
An opportunity awaits you working with one of our awesome clients. It’s all up to you now, just apply!